5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just out of curiosity...

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
... Does anyone know if the american Ram's are governed to 105mph?

I had to pass some slower cottage owners last weekend and my Rebel maxed out at 168-170kmh or 105mph. Seems low, I would have thought 120mph would have been the more reasonable speed.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Check the speed rating on the tires. Thats usually what governs the max speed.

Clean19

Reaction score
I would feel bad for you except that truck is absolutely the most beautiful truck on the road.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ha! I knew it was tire related, sometimes the forum enables the lazy switch to stay on and ask before looking.

Thanks group!

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I guess my first question is: in what scenario is "170 km/h too slow"? Cause here in Canada, you lose your car at 150 KM/h. You in a hurry to pass on your nice truck to the OPP? :)

(I can only imagine how much the ole hemi must be slurping at that speed; bet you could watch the needle move in real time.)

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess my first question is: in what scenario is "170 km/h too slow"? Cause here in Canada, you lose your car at 150 KM/h. You in a hurry to pass on your nice truck to the OPP? :)

(I can only imagine how much the ole hemi must be slurping at that speed; bet you could watch the needle move in real time.)
When there is a convoy of 4 or 5 slower cottagers doing 95 on a single lane highway, you need a little jam to get by them in one pass. That being said, I usually keep the cruise locked at the Hemi sweet spot, 65-70mph or 110kmh.

As the title says, just curious, not going to the salt flats anytime soon. :cool:

brewdad

Reaction score
Ram hemi speed limited to 105 mph; Gladiator Overland pentastar limited to 110 mph.

JustAnotherGuy

Reaction score
well that pisses me off. I'm guessing Limited is also speed limited? My Chevy was limited to 95. That was ridiculous.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Rebel Duratracs aren't rated for severe snow? As far as I was aware all Duratracs are awesome snow and ice tires. All the other Duratracs I've seen have the 3 mountain peak snowflake.

Isn't it because they were designed for all-year-round driving?
I know the side-walls are "softer" compared to heavy duty tires - so don't slide sideways and impact something (tire will burst).
Siping is built differently in them as compared to dedicated Mud/Snow Tires, that much I do remember reading when I was going to get the REBEL and upgrade.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Well if the motor companies didn't govern the speed, then you would have people driving as fast as they could and probably causing accidents. Then the motor companies would get sued over some drivers being irresponsible. Just saying they would be opened up for lawsuits. You can always get a tuner and a custom tune and probably override the limiter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yeah, this isn't Germany with an autobahn :)
wait, you mean people don't purchase over-the-counter programmers and disable the speed limit?
and we won't get into the other companies who are allowed to be sued over persons purchasing their products over the counter and end up killing people ..

:p

I've always said create AmeriBAHN from East Coast to West Coast and let them have at it :) Most people can't get out of the left lane as it is now :( .. even when they pass signs saying Slower Traffic Keep Right ( I like states where if you are Flash-2-Pass and a Trooper goes by in the opposite lane, he/she will turn around and pull them over for Failure-2-Yield .. tiz great!)

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OMG, I'm moving there, wherever there is!

I've had it done in Illinois & Missouri .. Missouri is BIG on it! First time it happened thought he was whipping around to nab me for following-2-close (Iowa's law passed last year but I haven't seen many popo around to enforce it)

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Pennsylvania does it too - I passed a lollygagger who was doing 5 under in the left lane, and then a statey comes up on our tail... and proceeds to pull over the lollygagger. FWIW, I was doing less than 10 over the posted speed limit.

-John

Users who are viewing this thread