5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just installed Borla Touring; Fit is crap.

NJMonark

Reaction score
I just installed the Borla Touring on my 2020 Limited and I also have issues with the passenger side tip. The hanger didn't look like it was made correctly; the tip that goes into the rubber holder was angled down. I put it in my vice and banged on it with a mallet to straighten it but it's still way to close to the bumper. Driver's side is perfect; a finger width. Called Borla and they recommended taking to a local shop first but would send a replacement if needed. Tech didn't say anything about reimbursement but I will call them back after I have it looked at/adjusted.

RamLink83

Reaction score
I just installed the Borla Touring on my 2020 Limited and I also have issues with the passenger side tip. The hanger didn't look like it was made correctly; the tip that goes into the rubber holder was angled down. I put it in my vice and banged on it with a mallet to straighten it but it's still way to close to the bumper. Driver's side is perfect; a finger width. Called Borla and they recommended taking to a local shop first but would send a replacement if needed. Tech didn't say anything about reimbursement but I will call them back after I have it looked at/adjusted.
I was originally told to go get it fixed, but the exhaust shop was unable to get it right without modifying the pipe. After complaining to customer service again, I was transferred to a manager. I was told by the customer service manager that there was a production issue with some of the touring mufflers, specifically with the passenger piping that comes out of the muffler, which then causes the pipe with the tip to be out of alignment and that they could send a replacement muffler that would fix this. I would contact them and verify to see if that really is the case. You would think if there really was a production problem with them, that customer service would have told us that when contacting them instead of going to a shop to adjust.

Here are some pics that show how the passenger tip bends upward. PXL_20210921_125246387.jpg PXL_20210921_130359204.jpg PXL_20210921_130404653.jpg

ktl5005

Reaction score
I leaning this way, but still hesitant about the fitment. I think I will have to return the old one, but not sure yet. Right now they only want to send me a new muffler and not the tips, however, I told them the muffler shop did some hanger bending on my existing tips, so if I go the replacement route, I'd prefer new tips, otherwise, I'll probably have fitment issues yet. We'll see what they say.
They are quality company and are not a cheap exhaust. They will make things right. I bet if you get a replacement one it will fit perfectly as did the S type on my 2019 Limited..

RamLink83

Reaction score
They are quality company and are not a cheap exhaust. They will make things right. I bet if you get a replacement one it will fit perfectly as did the S type on my 2019 Limited..
Yeah, they seem to be a great company that stands by their product, so I think I will give them another shot.

Users who are viewing this thread