5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just in case anyone was wondering what it looks like behind our nice dashes...

ramhead

Reaction score
It's listed in my information below my posts. 9/24/2018 on second shift. I would have thought that after they had been building this 5th gen for that long that quality would have been on par.

It's really sad. FCA has a world class design and top notch interior materials. But..., they have complete slop quality. Even worse quality control. Many things in my truck should have been caught in a factory quality inspection. I guess that's a management thing. I doubt if the assembly workers give a ____ either.

Quick check of the calendar shows that was a Monday...and if by second shift you mean the morning/daytime shift then that would perpetuate the well worn legend about issues with vehicles built on a Monday morning. Maybe they were all hungover from the weekend.

Anyway, to each is own but, why did you never file a Lemon Law claim? Your predicament sounds like a textbook example of a lemon and would fall under the guidelines for a buyback/replacement by them.

Last edited:

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
**Dr. Jim, could you PLEASE showa couple full shots of YOUR Truck, inside & OUT? I'm planning a 2-tone (Olive Green) with the same color interior (brown?) Don't see 2-tones anywhere, rare?, but it's the next best thing other than Sport Paint-job. Thanks . . . and sorry for the "side stepping . . . you could PM me if better ! Again thanks .

Sure, I can do that. Do you need pics of how the factory painted the two-tone inside the door jams and such? There is a member on here who has a similar Delmonico Red/Billet silver Ram and a member in Florida who has a Patriot Blue/Billet two-tone.

JustMe

Reaction score
Sure, I can do that. Do you need pics of how the factory painted the two-tone inside the door jams and such? There is a member on here who has a similar Delmonico Red/Billet silver Ram and a member in Florida who has a Patriot Blue/Billet two-tone.
Thanks much . . . feel free to "bling" me in as many angles & shots you want ! Can you direct me as to who & what Threads/posts I can find the other 2-toners ? My build is gonna be the Quad - need the bigger box to sleep in / camp out of . At 6-foot the crew bed doesn't "do it " for me, + the longer wheelbase, heavier truck also don't appeal to me . Mine is gonna be the V6 - though reminiscing about my 2003 Hemi does make me wonder sometimes !?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks much . . . feel free to "bling" me in as many angles & shots you want ! Can you direct me as to who & what Threads/posts I can find the other 2-toners ? My build is gonna be the Quad - need the bigger box to sleep in / camp out of . At 6-foot the crew bed doesn't "do it " for me, + the longer wheelbase, heavier truck also don't appeal to me . Mine is gonna be the V6 - though reminiscing about my 2003 Hemi does make me wonder sometimes !?
Member @19llhpb has a Patriot Blue two tone.

Users who are viewing this thread