5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just in case anyone was wondering what it looks like behind our nice dashes...

Grayman5752

Reaction score
Replacing dash pad for leather separation.

0939744a35fdf28eaa4887382ba45b1a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, that looks like a major job. Hope they get everything back in place where it belongs. Thanks for the picture.

The_Chemist

Reaction score

I can top that one! Here is a picture of mine. The dealer had to take the entire interior apart to find a noise. It ended up being an extra loose bolt that the idiots at the factory left inside the heater box.

123_1.jpeg

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I can top that one! Here is a picture of mine. The dealer had to take the entire interior apart to find a noise. It ended up being an extra loose bolt that the idiots at the factory left inside the heater box.

View attachment 43196
Holy cow... At least they found the cause of the rattle, but still, wow!

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Wow. Any chance you could scope out the HVAC vents and ideally the blend doors while you have that kind of access? The AC crowd would love some close ups.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Holy cow... At least they found the cause of the rattle, but still, wow!
A level 3 technician took that all apart and put it back together with no new rattles.

Unfortunately they scratched the center console and driver door panel. That was back in June 2019. They replaced the center console, but I'm still waiting for the door panel. It's on back order.

Last edited:

Grayman5752

Reaction score
Wow. Any chance you could scope out the HVAC vents and ideally the blend doors while you have that kind of access? The AC crowd would love some close ups.

Wish I could, but it’s not that easy - even with this much access. From what I’ve read, doing a reset on the HVAC module followed by a couple actuator calibration tests is what typically fixes the AC problems.

Grayman5752

Reaction score

View attachment 43196

That’s crazy. Stuff like that does happen. Haven’t had a chance to take one that far apart yet. This is the first dash pad I’ve replaced in a DT. Took me about 4 hrs start to finish.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
That’s crazy. Stuff like that does happen. Haven’t had a chance to take one that far apart yet. This is the first dash pad I’ve replaced in a DT. Took me about 4 hrs start to finish.

My truck has got to win a prize for most abysmal quality. Before the rear differential was replaced, the dealer had $15,000 worth of parts into my truck. I can't even imagine how many labor hours they have into it.

Now I've been waiting over a month for a new transfer case output seal to come in. It's leaking oil.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck has got to win a prize for most abysmal quality. Before the rear differential was replaced, the dealer had $15,000 worth of parts into my truck. I can't even imagine how many labor hours they have into it.

Now I've been waiting over a month for a new transfer case output seal to come in. It's leaking oil.
That's insane. What's your build date? On the door jamb it'll say month/year but a bit further on the right you'll see MDH (Month Day Hour).

The_Chemist

Reaction score
That's insane. What's your build date? On the door jamb it'll say month/year but a bit further on the right you'll see MDH (Month Day Hour).
It's listed in my information below my posts. 9/24/2018 on second shift. I would have thought that after they had been building this 5th gen for that long that quality would have been on par.

It's really sad. FCA has a world class design and top notch interior materials. But..., they have complete slop quality. Even worse quality control. Many things in my truck should have been caught in a factory quality inspection. I guess that's a management thing. I doubt if the assembly workers give a ____ either.

Grayman5752

Reaction score

Jeez... WTF was wrong with it? Almost sounds like they were just throwing parts at it trying to fix something

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's listed in my information below my posts. 9/24/2018 on second shift. I would have thought that after they had been building this 5th gen for that long that quality would have been on par.

It's really sad. FCA has a world class design and top notch interior materials. But..., they have complete slop quality. Even worse quality control. Many things in my truck should have been caught in a factory quality inspection. I guess that's a management thing. I doubt if the assembly workers give a ____ either.

Damn. Sorry, on my phone and really wish signatures would show up.

Mine was built 5/31/18 on first shift and almost no problems to think of. I believe by the time yours rolled off they had really started to crank production of these. And I agree, great design and materials. Wish you'd have gotten a good one.... but surprised they've sunk that much warranty cash into it.

I know Ford has one coming off the line every minute and won't stop the line. Cheaper to address issues via warranty.

The_Chemist

Reaction score
Damn. Sorry, on my phone and really wish signatures would show up.

Mine was built 5/31/18 on first shift and almost no problems to think of. I believe by the time yours rolled off they had really started to crank production of these. And I agree, great design and materials. Wish you'd have gotten a good one.... but surprised they've sunk that much warranty cash into it.

I know Ford has one coming off the line every minute and won't stop the line. Cheaper to address issues via warranty.
No problem. I view this site on my phone as well with a web browser. Shows up as a desktop site.

RJS

Reaction score

That's a lot cleaner and less cluttered that I would have thought. I've torn dashes out of 1960/70/80 vintage cars that were far more crowded and messed up than that. Probably a credit to the newer canbus and better engineering practices.

JustMe

Reaction score
Wow, that looks like a major job. Hope they get everything back in place where it belongs. Thanks for the picture.
**Dr. Jim, could you PLEASE showa couple full shots of YOUR Truck, inside & OUT? I'm planning a 2-tone (Olive Green) with the same color interior (brown?) Don't see 2-tones anywhere, rare?, but it's the next best thing other than Sport Paint-job. Thanks . . . and sorry for the "side stepping . . . you could PM me if better ! Again thanks .

Users who are viewing this thread