5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just have to vent.

Djorgy

Reaction score
I just have to vent. I was Christmas grocery shopping today with my wife, and a guy backed his truck into my front bumper and dented it. My truck is a new blue pearl coat 2019 Bighorn 1500. I have only 5,000 miles on it. We were in the store when it happened. I am that guy who parks very far away from other cars in the lot and walks a ways to the store. He decided to back his 2005 Chevy 3500 crew cab with a full size box into the space right in front of me! His hitch dented the bumper just to the left of my license plate. It's a good thing that big truck of his had a big drop on his hitch. I called the police and they waited with me for him to come out. Luckily he was apologetic and felt bad. He admitted to hitting it and was hoping the bumper was rubber. If he knew, why didn't he leave a note? I think he was hoping I wouldn't notice. It's a good thing a cop was there. I think it helped smooth things over. I know it helped me to remain calm! Merry Christmas! Now to contact his insurance, get estimates, get it fixed... I hate running around and taking time to do all of this. Again, just ventjng!

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
Your rant is seriously warranted! I also park out in the south 40 and take the looooooong walk to the store. Annoys the hell outta me when I come out and some POS just HAD to park on top of me! WTH? So sorry your new baby got injured by carelessness.. at least you were able to sort it out and it wasn't a bump and run!
Have a Merry Christmas and don't let it interfere, it'll all work out!

camaro430sut

Reaction score
Make sure you go after his insurance for depreciated value. You're truck will have a bad carfax after this. And a bad carfax will cost you anywhere from 10-30% on trade in. Just saying....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Make sure you go after his insurance for depreciated value. You're truck will have a bad carfax after this. And a bad carfax will cost you anywhere from 10-30% on trade in. Just saying....

That is incorrect information. Carfax, is notoriously inaccurate. Something like this won't even make it into the system.

camaro430sut

Reaction score
So you think, same thing happened to me and it did show and it did cost me on trade

Lungs414

Reaction score
If you let a dealer give you less for a car that was in good shape...that's on you.
Respectfully disagree. I have anew Audi Q8. Some d**khead made a U-turn and crashed into the back wheel. Destroyed the wheel, the tire and hub had to be replaced. 400 miles on the vehicle. Because of the police report it hit carfax, and destroyed the value of the car. Have a lot of issues with the vehicle unrelated to the accident, and the trade in value took a massive hit. The selling dealer doesn't want it because of this, (they don't buy carfax cars as a policy) and it would be wholesaled resulting huge loss, so I contacted an attorney about Diminished Value claim, and it is not allowed in NYS. The only thing me is that I got screwed

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score

I agree with this. If an insurance claim is made, either by your's or his, it will most likely end up on Carfax.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just have to vent. I was Christmas grocery shopping today with my wife, and a guy backed his truck into my front bumper and dented it. My truck is a new blue pearl coat 2019 Bighorn 1500. I have only 5,000 miles on it. We were in the store when it happened. I am that guy who parks very far away from other cars in the lot and walks a ways to the store. He decided to back his 2005 Chevy 3500 crew cab with a full size box into the space right in front of me! His hitch dented the bumper just to the left of my license plate. It's a good thing that big truck of his had a big drop on his hitch. I called the police and they waited with me for him to come out. Luckily he was apologetic and felt bad. He admitted to hitting it and was hoping the bumper was rubber. If he knew, why didn't he leave a note? I think he was hoping I wouldn't notice. It's a good thing a cop was there. I think it helped smooth things over. I know it helped me to remain calm! Merry Christmas! Now to contact his insurance, get estimates, get it fixed... I hate running around and taking time to do all of this. Again, just ventjng!
Sorry to hear. I too park 17 miles from the store entrance in the most secure spot and inevitably come out to a car parked right next to me. Once I parked so far out I could have taken a taxi to the store and I came out to a shopping cart that the wind blew across the lot into my drivers door causing several hundred dollars of damage. It’s Murphy’s law. It will all work out. Don’t let it spoil the holidays. It can be fixed.

camaro430sut

Reaction score
I agree with this. If an insurance claim is made, either by your's or his, it will most likely end up on Carfax.
Sort of right. A claim made through your own insurance and without a police report wouldnt show on carfax. Your insurance company cant sell your information to carfax because of a nondisclosure agreement.

Twoamen

Reaction score
I've learned it don't matter where you park. The A$$ Holes will target you because your parked farther out. You have to watch hills, wind, and Useless individuals who could careless where a shopping cart goes. Its today's All about me generation. You have what they can't have or now the Tree huggers, or Go Green dip $hits because your SUV/Truck sets a bigger carbon foot print.:rolleyes:

Jack Whitefield

Reaction score
Sort of right. A claim made through your own insurance and without a police report wouldnt show on carfax. Your insurance company cant sell your information to carfax because of a nondisclosure agreement.

Carfax purchases their info from insurance companies and body shops, as well as many other sources. Police report is irrelevant. If a claim is made through insurance, or a reputable body shop does the work, it will most likely end up in Carfax's system.

Below is a quote from a Geico agent:

GEICO does not report data directly to CarFax. Neither does any other insurance company. Vehicle incident data is public information.

CarFax pulls their information from many sources including:

• US Motor Vehicle Agencies
  • Canadian Motor Vehicle Agencies
  • Auto Auctions
  • Collision Repair Shops
  • Service Stations/Shops
  • Insurance Company Data
  • Salvage Auction and Auto Recyclers
  • Rental Vehicle Companies
  • State Inspection Stations
  • Car Dealerships
  • Law Enforcement Agencies
Though insurance companies do not report directly to CarFax, information regarding claims insurance carriers are involved with, does find it’s way into data warehouses to which CarFax has access.
Regarding your small claim… the incident was already reported to the insurance company, therefore it is likely that information is already accessible by CarFax.
Getting your car repaired correctly at a reputable body shop would be more important than finding someone who might fix the vehicle in a secretive fashion.

Fantastipotamus

Reaction score
Your rant is seriously warranted! I also park out in the south 40 and take the looooooong walk to the store. Annoys the hell outta me when I come out and some POS just HAD to park on top of me! WTH?
Sorry to hear. I too park 17 miles from the store entrance in the most secure spot and inevitably come out to a car parked right next to me.
IMO, its this:
I've learned it don't matter where you park. The A$$ Holes will target you because your parked farther out.
This feels like the world we live in now. ‘Oh, you love your vehicle and tried to park it out of harms way? We’ll see about that! This’ll really píss him/her off!’ Not sure what chemical imbalance drives their tiny brain to think this way about other peoples property, but they should probably take a long look at why they’re so unhappy.

BTW, the same goes for truck-on-EV violence. Some EV owners are dicks, and some truck owners are dicks. Some people are just gonna be dicks regardless of what they drive.

Doesnt seem to be the case here, of course, just an overall sentiment of mine. My recommendation, you gotta park like you kinda care about your vehicle! Not way out in the boondocks, but not tryhard-ing in close either.. midway out. Says ‘I care, but not *that* much.’ Even if its not true, they wont know. ;)

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People have done research on those idiots that park on top of you when you park well away from others. It's the herd mentality. They can't think for themselves and subconsciously have to do what others do. They are followers and the sheep of society, not the wolves and independent people that can think for themselves. And since they lack the ability to think on their own, it's not surprising they also do things like this bozo did to your bumper!!

rlc2020

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, the time wasted getting a rental and dealing with insurance and a body shop is the worst part in all this.

While we are venting, I'll add this. About 2 months ago my wife and son were at in intersection about 1/2 mile from home. A drunk guy in a red pickup cuts across her lane turning and sideswipes the front of her 2018 Cherokee. He pulls into the liquor store parking lot right there (ironically) and she pulls in being him. Our son is now crying and she rushes to the back to check on him before going over to the other guy's truck. He sees her tied up focusing on calming our son, and he gets back in his truck and takes off! She did not get his plate and it was too dark for the store's security cameras to pick it up either.

End result. $6500 in front end damage (entire nose had to be replaced) and to top it off it ended up being a collision claim on my insurance since they never caught the guy!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
People have done research on those idiots that park on top of you when you park well away from others. It's the herd mentality. They can't think for themselves and subconsciously have to do what others do. They are followers and the sheep of society, not the wolves and independent people that can think for themselves. And since they lack the ability to think on their own, it's not surprising they also do things like this bozo did to your bumper!!
Leave bozo out of this. That is being too kind to these inconsiderate, self centered idiots . I'm ok with idiots.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
IMO, its this:

This feels like the world we live in now. ‘Oh, you love your vehicle and tried to park it out of harms way? We’ll see about that! This’ll really píss him/her off!’ Not sure what chemical imbalance drives their tiny brain to think this way about other peoples property, but they should probably take a long look at why they’re so unhappy.

BTW, the same goes for truck-on-EV violence. Some EV owners are dicks, and some truck owners are dicks. Some people are just gonna be dicks regardless of what they drive.

Doesnt seem to be the case here, of course, just an overall sentiment of mine. My recommendation, you gotta park like you kinda care about your vehicle! Not way out in the boondocks, but not tryhard-ing in close either.. midway out. Says ‘I care, but not *that* much.’ Even if its not true, they wont know. ;)
I always say to my wife that people who don’t give a crap about their cars never seem to get dings or other damage. It’s always the car guys And gals like us that suffer. I like your suggestion btw.

Kicker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I too park out in the back 40 and I park like I'm handicapped , I take up 1 1/2 spaces, really confuses the idiots. So far so good!

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Luckily enough you were able to actually catch the person who did it. A lot of people just come out to a messed up bumper with no chance to make someone’s insurance pay for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online

Members online