5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got quoted $3900 for a leveling kit at my local dealer for my 1500

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting.... I am not really in a rush it I order what I know I need now. So I have time to figure it out regarding the coils for the rear. There are a lot of options out there....
Yeah. I think I decided on the Eibach Stage 2 or 2R for mine. I keep going back n forth though. :ROFLMAO:

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey @Idahoktm, I had my dealer install this same leveling kit on my 2019 right when I took delivery on it. For the past few months I've had an increasing amount of squeaking coming from the front end when I turn the steering wheel, go over bumps, or the truck even just jostles a little bit, like when I'm getting out and stepping down to the pavement. I went underneath the truck and it sounds like it's coming from the bushing on top of the struts.

Have you noticed any of the same issue with your install?

No, but I don't own the truck any more. Maybe the ball joints are shot.

Combee1

Reaction score
No, but I don't own the truck any more. Maybe the ball joints are shot.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm taking it to a suspension shop next week to have them diagnose and then do things the right way going forward. The more I read and talk to people, the more I realize that I made a mistake using a leveling kit with spacers.

Psifer

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I'm taking it to a suspension shop next week to have them diagnose and then do things the right way going forward. The more I read and talk to people, the more I realize that I made a mistake using a leveling kit with spacers.
Did you check the ball joints to see if the mechanic added grease to them? I would not be surprised if the dealer missed that step during the installation.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did you check the ball joints to see if the mechanic added grease to them? I would not be surprised if the dealer missed that step during the installation.

Yep. My dealer missed that step. I noticed it when I got home and pumped them full of grease myself.

mrclortho

Reaction score
"Spacer lifts are garbage" I guess I had better change my setup after performing great for thousands of miles of wheeling, towing a 7,500lbs trailer and hauling stuff. I am poking fun and agree a full suspension system is far superior, but this Ready Lift 3.5" system has exceeded my expectations time and time again for a fraction of the cost of a full kit and I have put it to the test.

Colorado7.jpg

ram30.jpg

Rayc

Reaction score
lol... same here I have the readylift and looking to upgrade to a proper suspension lift. .. Leaning towards the 6" BDS with coilovers but have to come to terms with the cost. .Or skip the coilovers potentially.

jwtiger69

Reaction score
Small thing to think about or at least figure out is that my truck has been having a clunking type sounds at hard stops or sudden acceleration. Found a thread here and it seems other people have a similar issue. I want to get that fixed hopefully by my local Ram dealership before I mess with the suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online