5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got my longhorn with ramboxes

Art

Reaction score
Update,
I'm picky about details
I have had no problems with anything, Fit and finish is perfect everything works as is suppose to.
I been all over and under it.
Years ago I used to be head of new car service for very large dealership so i know where to look for problems.
I'm averaging 18.8 mpg
Couldn't be any happier with all aspects about this truck.
(so far)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Update,
I'm picky about details
I have had no problems with anything, Fit and finish is perfect everything works as is suppose to.
I been all over and under it.
Years ago I used to be head of new car service for very large dealership so i know where to look for problems.
I'm averaging 18.8 mpg
Couldn't be any happier with all aspects about this truck.
(so far)
In my initial (pre-delivery) inspection, it looks like the RamBox lids are inset slightly from sitting flush with the truck body. The gaps are all even, but it looks like the lids should sit outboard just a bit further. Is that what yours looks like?

Art

Reaction score
In my initial (pre-delivery) inspection, it looks like the RamBox lids are inset slightly from sitting flush with the truck body. The gaps are all even, but it looks like the lids should sit outboard just a bit further. Is that what yours looks like?
No mind are flush
The bottom gap is a little bit larger but not by much and that is better so you do not have to slam them shut.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did your Ramboxes have the divider/extender and did it come with the pieces on the bed so you can use it as a extender.

Art

Reaction score
Did your Ramboxes have the divider/extender and did it come with the pieces on the bed so you can use it as a extender.
yes I have the divider/extender and no it did not come with the pieces to use it as a extender.
Next visit to dealer I'm going to ask about it.

2019REBEL

Reaction score
yes I have the divider/extender and no it did not come with the pieces to use it as a extender.
Next visit to dealer I'm going to ask about it.

Wonder why they aren't including them they probably like 2 bucks at factory and I would be asking dealer to install them for free. When I get my Rebel I am gonna walk the dealer over to mine and say there are pieces on my Outdoorsman that the Rebel doesn't have(if my Rebel doesn't have them).

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The dealer is giving me a hard time right now about including those items. I just sent him the four FCA documents that clearly state they are to be included (the parts for the extender as well as the bed step). Fingers crossed!

Boatjockey

Reaction score
The dealer is giving me a hard time right now about including those items. I just sent him the four FCA documents that clearly state they are to be included (the parts for the extender as well as the bed step). Fingers crossed!
Please forward me those 4 docs or let me know where to get them. Thanks

2019REBEL

Reaction score

Do you have those documents as I may have to give them to my dealer too.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I'm not expecting to see my Longhorn till probably October, I'll definitely be on the lookout for the BUG pin/handle things.

SoCal Truck

Reaction score
Can you send me those documents please.

Mark17

Reaction score
I just picked up my longhorn with all options except sun roof
With ram boxes two tone paint , white tri coat with brown bumpers
Man I love this truck traded in my 2014 longhorn for it.
I ordered the same truck with sunroof on 5-6-18 .... still in D1 as of 10-6-18 , I’m hoping for done movement soon

John

Reaction score
Nice truck Art, what color interior?

John

WKH

Reaction score
Got mine last Monday. Love it so far. Etourque 4x4 3.92 pano elocker. Mpg around town 16-17mpg so far.

Attachments

• 243C1908-50F1-4771-9B77-FBA751092D0E.jpeg
    243C1908-50F1-4771-9B77-FBA751092D0E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 54

Users who are viewing this thread