5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just finished doing a full PPF wrap on my new '24 Laramie Night Edition :)

raskyr1

Reaction score
I picked up my new truck Jan 30th and have been wrapping it as I have time over the last couple weeks. I still need to put back on the badges and ceramic coat it, but at least it's protected now. :)

It's mostly wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Plus but a few panels have Legend PPF on them as I was using up some partial rolls. I only did the brow on the roof, otherwise everything is wrapped.

24RamPPF.jpg

24RamPPF1.jpg

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I picked up my new truck Jan 30th and have been wrapping it as I have time over the last couple weeks. I still need to put back on the badges and ceramic coat it, but at least it's protected now. :)

It's mostly wrapped in Xpel Ultimate Plus but a few panels have Legend PPF on them as I was using up some partial rolls. I only did the brow on the roof, otherwise everything is wrapped.

View attachment 177321

View attachment 177322
Looks really good. You might consider not putting the badges back on?

raskyr1

Reaction score
Looks really good. You might consider not putting the badges back on?
Thanks! I'm am considering it. I like not snagging my towels on them. The wife says she thinks it looks better with them on. I may just do the "RAM" on the doors and leave the tailgate ones off. :)

Realtruck

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
That's a really clean wrap and it looks fantastic! With or without the badging, it's a sharp look. Have you thought about maybe adding badges that match the wrap, or wrapping them too?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Leave the badges off. One less place for dirt to pile up and everyone knows what a Ram looks like no need to advertise with anymore badges. Looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

raskyr1

Reaction score
That's a really clean wrap and it looks fantastic! With or without the badging, it's a sharp look. Have you thought about maybe adding badges that match the wrap, or wrapping them too?
Thanks! It's a clear PPF (Paint Protection Film) wrap, not a vinyl color change. ;)

raskyr1

Reaction score
how much did the material cost? been thinking about doing it too
Hard to say as I used from from 4 different rolls. I could add the sq ft used in the software for everything but I'm lazy. ;)

I'd guess in the $1200-1400 range though. The hood was bulk installed with vents removed. Everything else was modified kits to wrap edges wherever possible.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hard to say as I used from from 4 different rolls. I could add the sq ft used in the software for everything but I'm lazy. ;)

I'd guess in the $1200-1400 range though. The hood was bulk installed with vents removed. Everything else was modified kits to wrap edges wherever possible.
can you guestimate how many rolls i'd need for this, assuming the 4 different rolls were leftover from other projects.
i may tackle this when i'm really bored and got nothing to do lol

raskyr1

Reaction score
can you guestimate how many rolls i'd need for this, assuming the 4 different rolls were leftover from other projects.
i may tackle this when i'm really bored and got nothing to do lol
I used different roll widths to minimize waste and it's easier to handle smaller widths being a one man show. Are you planning to bulk it or do you have a plotter? I can look in DAP when I get home for lunch and see what the total area of film is.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used different roll widths to minimize waste and it's easier to handle smaller widths being a one man show. Are you planning to bulk it or do you have a plotter? I can look in DAP when I get home for lunch and see what the total area of film is.
probably just bulk it but my friend has a plotter. I might just bulk it in case i mess it up i have extra to use. this is gonna be my first time doing something like this lol

raskyr1

Reaction score
probably just bulk it but my friend has a plotter. I might just bulk it in case i mess it up i have extra to use. this is gonna be my first time doing something like this lol
You'll waste a lot of film by bulking. The hood is pretty difficult and the lower body line is hard not to get moisture trapped in the grove. A lot of installers will just seam it with the rocker kit, especially on darker colors to avoid this. I did the doors in one piece but seamed the fenders and box sides since my truck is black. PPF is definitely not easy, especially without some formal training. I attended the Xpel class in 2018 and came home to wrap my 2017 Ram hood and about quit right there! ;)

These are the roll widths and lengths needed for the DAP kits on a Rebel. I nested a lot of things on my truck plots to minimize waste, but it should give you an idea of what you'll need.
Hood 60" x 82"
Fenders 36" x 64"
Doors 60" x 175"
Rockers 30" x 114"
Head/fog lights 24" x 17"
Bed sides 60" x 78" (5'7" bed)
Tailgate 30" x 64"
A pillar/back cab 60" x 108" (Lot of wasted space on this, best nest other items in here)
Roof brow 60" x 14"
Rear bumper 12" x 95"
Front bumper 24" x 82"

Best of luck!

Last edited:

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'll waste a lot of film by bulking. The hood is pretty difficult and the lower body line is hard not to get moisture trapped in the grove. A lot of installers will just seam it with the rocker kit, especially on darker colors to avoid this. I did the doors in one piece but seamed the fenders and box sides since my truck is black. PPF is definitely not easy, especially without some formal training. I attended the Xpel class in 2018 and came home to wrap my 2017 Ram hood and about quit right there! ;)

These are the roll widths and lengths needed for the DAP kits on a Rebel. I nested a lot of things on my truck plots to minimize waste, but it should give you an idea of what you'll need.
Hood 60" x 82"
Fenders 36" x 64"
Doors 60" x 175"
Rockers 30" x 114"
Head/fog lights 24" x 17"
Bed sides 60" x 78" (5'7" bed)
Tailgate 30" x 64"
A pillar/back cab 60" x 108" (Lot of wasted space on this, best nest other items in here)
Roof brow 60" x 14"
Rear bumper 12" x 95"
Front bumper 24" x 82"

Best of luck!
very informational! thank you!
I'll try to figure this out and if it's too much for me to handle I'll enlist my friends' help (they are professionals at wrapping and PPF lol)
i just saw Xpel has precut kits... may just do that instead LOL

dajogejr

Reaction score
Damn that looks good. PPF has already saved me from a nice nick in my front bumper.
I did my front grille/bumper, hood, front quarters, windshieled brow about 6 inches back and my a pillars up a few inches past the curve.

Gotta tell you, it’s damn sexy debadged. If I didn’t have the night edition dark badging, I’d think about removing them all off mine. Dirt does like to hide there for sure.

Buddy of mine does all my tint, PPF, and Ceramic. He did a new truck completely wrapped In “Matte” PPF.
It’s really, really cool looking.

Nice work there!

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
very informational! thank you!
I'll try to figure this out and if it's too much for me to handle I'll enlist my friends' help (they are professionals at wrapping and PPF lol)
i just saw Xpel has precut kits... may just do that instead LOL
good lord i just looked up the pre cut kits i think price wise you would be better off going to a shop and getting specific areas on the truck u want wrapped vs purchasing multiple kits.

raskyr1

Reaction score
good lord i just looked up the pre cut kits i think price wise you would be better off going to a shop and getting specific areas on the truck u want wrapped vs purchasing multiple kits.
That's the retail cost. If he has a friend with the software/plotter it will cost a lot less and they can pick and chose items out of the kits too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online

No members online now.