5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just drove my 2019 Laramie on a 1900 miles trip

Levi Morgan

Reaction score
I have Degenerative Bone disease. The wife and I bought our Laramie because of its smooth comfortable ride. I hate having to step up to get into it though. Any way we just returned from a nineteen hundred mile trip through five states. The Laramie was AMAZING comfortable. The heated seats and steering wheel, the super comfortable leather seats, the leg room are wonderful. I drove across KY six lane interstate at ninety mph. That's the way people roll there, I was staying with traffic. Still averaged nineteen mpg. Etourque is worth the extra cost. Best vehicle I have ever purchased, no warranty work so far.

Ranger482

Reaction score
Glad to hear you love the truck and you had a great trip!

R

Rob5589

I made two trips of about 1800 miles each, 3 weeks apart and concur with your assessment. Virtually no seat squirming, love the heated and cooled seats. Heated wheel doesn't do much for me personally. Top speed was 80, and generally ran 65-80 depending on state and construction. I ave about 19.5, saw as high as 20.6, non ET engine.

derp

Reaction score
I too have a mobility related problem and couldn't be happier with road tripping in my laramie. as a tall guy I don't even really need to step up to get in and the ride is a treat.

I wish I could figure out how to get he heated seats/steering wheel to come on automatically with each start, other than that I have no worries.

R

Rob5589

I too have a mobility related problem and couldn't be happier with road tripping in my laramie. as a tall guy I don't even really need to step up to get in and the ride is a treat.

I wish I could figure out how to get he heated seats/steering wheel to come on automatically with each start, other than that I have no worries.
On the Uconnect screen there is an "auto comfort" or something to that effect to have things turn on at start up. Haven't really played with it so not exactly sure how it operates.

Jim L

Reaction score
On the Uconnect screen there is an "auto comfort" or something to that effect to have things turn on at start up. Haven't really played with it so not exactly sure how it operates.
Yes you set it for seats, wheel to come on for all starts depending on outside temps, awesome

WW2

Reaction score
Its great to read a good positive experience thread...Forums are riddled with issues, problems, and bad experiences. Just by nature, people usually only post negatively on forums, often to find answers and advice, so its totally understandable....These really are amazing trucks, far above the competition IMHO (I am a lifetime Ford guy)..I love my Laramie Sport and look forward to driving it every day !!!!

Last edited:

LouCap

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with the OP. We do a 5-hour round trip run a few times a month, and just yesterday I was telling my wife how much more comfortable the ride is with the RAM. In addition to the smooth ride, I really like all the safety features too, like the adaptive cruise control and lane-departure...it makes long trips less work-intensive for the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread