5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just because I love it!

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Sampling, at the moment. First mistake was being directly overtop for a spray, amd it dropped some drops on the laptop. I know now for next time, but i will continue til done and ignore that lesson learned.

Any advice from anyone how to peel and reveal the bronco horse heads all by themselves?
b9c7b7435c1c0f21d788b7820ba190cb.jpg
42bbf39eedfe7b9f5e880f7450ccf3e4.jpg

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
I don't think you will be able to get the dip to "cut" at those emblems. It isn't enough of a delineation between surfaces.

Smoot178

Reaction score
Maybe give a light outline with an xacto knife will be just enough to peel the logo...

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
I am waiting for both to dry, then peel and redo.

I did like 2 or 3 layers of plastidip... then a layer of rustoleum leakseal (clear) th3n a final layer of plastidip again.

Then I got paranoid the leakseal wouldnt peel..especially from the macbook....and make it a mess. So far, because it was over a few layers of plastidip, looks like it will peel. I am able to easily peel away where it was thinnest a semi dry, but the heavier parts are still too gooey to peel.

So I will redo, and try again!

RiverRacerX

Reaction score
I am waiting for both to dry, then peel and redo.

I did like 2 or 3 layers of plastidip... then a layer of rustoleum leakseal (clear) th3n a final layer of plastidip again.

Then I got paranoid the leakseal wouldnt peel..especially from the macbook....and make it a mess. So far, because it was over a few layers of plastidip, looks like it will peel. I am able to easily peel away where it was thinnest a semi dry, but the heavier parts are still too gooey to peel.

So I will redo, and try again!

Don't use regular paint. Get some Glossifier plasti dip. You could get some weird chemical reactions between the two paints, plus the regular spray paint won't peel off.

Longhorn5G

Reaction score
Yeah Im liking my grill. I never glossed it, and I am cool with that. I dont think it is even noticable that I didnt.

I pressure washed today at a spray down. I was cautious, sure, but nothing happened.

I feel great knowing I can peel away to a fresh unchipped grill anytime I want.

Users who are viewing this thread