5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jump Start Pacs

Hjnacht

Reaction score
Ordered a NOCO GB70 starter pac . Was hard to decide what to buy. Seems like most reviews are manufacturer influenced. Anyone have much experience with these? Could have used one of these in boat last month. Have a long road trip coming up and also will have vehicle parked at airports a couple times for a week or more so thought might be cheap insurance and time saver.

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a GB40, bought it the same week I bought the ram, and needed to use it once when camping (too much charging stuff w/o running the truck)
Really works well. I take it out every few months, drain it by charging tablets and stuff, and then recharge it to keep in the truck

LouNY

Reaction score
The little Lithium ones seem to work most of the time or at least help.
I have one and have used it on the little lawn tractor and it worked,
tried it on a 15 eco-diesel and it didn't work. I also have one of the larger
lead acid battery type and it got the eco-diesel started. They both can help,
I have more confidence in the larger heaiver lead acid one then the light and compact Lithium.
The little one is nicer for powering tablets and cell phones and such.

rubrduk

Reaction score
Ordered a NOCO GB70 starter pac . Was hard to decide what to buy. Seems like most reviews are manufacturer influenced. Anyone have much experience with these? Could have used one of these in boat last month. Have a long road trip coming up and also will have vehicle parked at airports a couple times for a week or more so thought might be cheap insurance and time saver.

I have the JNC Air, booster with an air compressor....and I love it!

Clore Automotive has been around a long time, not just an Amazon/Wish/Alibaba re-branding seller.

JNC Air/Booster
https://cloreautomotive.com/product/jncair/

The battery is serviceable/replaceable...it's a larger unit than what you specifically are looking at, but I specifically wanted the air compressor for my trailer tires and use it a few times a month

I've had it for over 2 years now, no troubles.

JNC Lithium Booster pack
https://cloreautomotive.com/product-category/jump-starters/jump-n-carry-jump-starters/

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I love my Lithium pack, not only jump starts big trucks, but also works as a battery pack for phones and tablets or whatever. Plus is barely bigger than the size of a couple of packs of poker cards. From having to lug around a big heavy lead acid pack to a small hand held device is so much more convenient.

They make a lot of different sized packs, make sure if you buying one capable of boosting the largest vehicle you have. Some can only do smaller gas motors while others can do 8L diesels or more.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a GB70 in each of my vehicles...and I also have jumper cables in them. ;)

For the Noco GBs, I bought the cases (at their price point, they should've included it). I recommend a better charger for the once-yearly recharge. The USB charger takes too long.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We have the NOCO Boost Plus GB40 with the GBC013 Protection Case in all the vehicles. They've come in handy several times assisting others and when my son's truck was having battery issues.

Users who are viewing this thread