5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

July 2023 Map updates out

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Since you don't get a notification just posting it here.

New maps are out for the 2022s

Shows on website as "v2023.06" No XML file inside to confirm date.

5 downloads for a total of 16.6GB

Appears they also massively increased their bandwidth as I was able to download around 700 Mbps vs the typical 3-5 Mbps the website seemed to be capping me at.
The downloads did all fail around 60% but was able to resume but still better than the 4 or so hours it took before lol.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. I may try this over the weekend

Av1

Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder. I just successfully updated to the new maps.

It went very smoothly.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm tired of driving in grass and thru lakes so I was hoping that I could update my maps. Looks like it's only for UC5.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I didn't realize the UC5 was different than earlier models. What's the cost for the map upgrade on the 22's?

ram813ltd

Reaction score
WOW 19-21 models gets screwed. 2022 gets FREE map updates with tomtom. even tho its TT, it's still FREE

jgdblue

Reaction score
Two questions:

1. With UConnect 5 on a 2022 Laramie, can you download and install the updates by connecting to wifi?

2. I always use the Maps App on Apple carplay because I'm used to it, it's always updated and works well. Is there some reason to use the built in nav instead?

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I switched off using the phone navigation years ago because it always seemed to tell me to turn 100ft after the turn I was just supposed to make. I’ve had factory Nav since 2008 and been quite satisfied with it so I have never felt the need to revisit the phone apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23RAM

Reaction score
1. With UConnect 5 on a 2022 Laramie, can you download and install the updates by connecting to wifi?
Doesn't seem to work.
2. I always use the Maps App on Apple carplay because I'm used to it, it's always updated and works well. Is there some reason to use the built in nav instead?
If you're in an area without cell service car-play won't work. But your truck's nav will still work. I've always preferred nav systems as they always work. This is the first vehicle I've owned that has live updates for traffic, and it works well. Last weekend we were driving through a big city on the highway, it alerted me to a traffic delay up ahead, so I got off the highway and it re-routed me around it.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
This is 100% not true.

Please elaborate, how does the phone navigate without service?

He should have specified that the phone nav would stop working, not CarPlay itself. Most people probably understood what he meant through, given the context of the conversation.

23RAM

Reaction score
It doesn't, he just likes to argue.
Now I don't use Apple or car-play but I presume you can download maps offline and use them in areas with no cell service. Maybe that's what he meant.
He should have specified that the phone nav would stop working, not CarPlay itself. Most people probably understood what he meant through, given the context of the conversation.
Exactly...I figured everyone would get the gist.
:)
The built-in nav will work without cell service, but you'll lose any live updates like traffic. But as long as it still shows where I'm going when in the boonies, that's fine.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Just download offline maps to your phone....

If you phone doesn't have gps signal, neither does your truck.

Carplay itself has nothing to do with signal either.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just download offline maps to your phone....

If you phone doesn't have gps signal, neither does your truck.

Carplay itself has nothing to do with signal either.
Now we’re talking about two different things though.
Lack of cellular data is the reason for downloading offline maps, not lack of gps signal.
If neither the truck nor the phone have gps signal, then your actual location on the map will be inaccurate, whether it’s on a downloaded offline map, or native TomTom maps on the radio.

Users who are viewing this thread