5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JScan "Off Road Capable"

deanfx

Reaction score
Anyone know what happens if I enable "Off Road Capable" with JScan what would happen? I've asked several places with no answers, but surely someone has enabled that with Alfa even.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It increases articulation by 25% and enables the front locker and sway bar disconnect.

Just kidding, but you made me curious so I went on the same wild google goose (goosle?) chase you probably went on.

My best guess is that it has to do with the off-road/trail camera on the Wrangler and Gladiator, and nothing to do with our trucks. Thus, what happens? My guess: nothing.

Last edited:

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It increases articulation by 25% and enables the front locker and sway bar disconnect.

Just kidding, but you made me curious so I went on the same wild google goose (goosle?) chase you probably went on.

My best guess is that it has to do with the off-road/trail camera on the Wrangler and Gladiator, and nothing to do with our trucks. Thus, what happens? My guess: nothing.

You forgot to include that it raises the truck 5.5 inches and expands the tires out to 35s.

deanfx

Reaction score
Well damn. I was hoping it enabled some crap in the EVIC. However this is the most conversation I've seen on the topic, so I appreciate all the input.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dang, I thought I had that in the ole sig. Its a '23 2500 cummins
Does that have UC5? The folks on this form have 1500s so I'm not 100% for you, but for us on 2022+ we can enable Off-road Pages Present to get them on the evic. It does work on the radio but if the truck is connected to Ram it zaps it as they are trying to charge people for it (still shows on the evic).
If it's uc4 I believe there are particular firmware versions required to enable it in addition to setting that.

deanfx

Reaction score
Does that have UC5? The folks on this form have 1500s so I'm not 100% for you, but for us on 2022+ we can enable Off-road Pages Present to get them on the evic. It does work on the radio but if the truck is connected to Ram it zaps it as they are trying to charge people for it (still shows on the evic).
If it's uc4 I believe there are particular firmware versions required to enable it in addition to setting that.
It is UC5, 8" I am using JScan so I don't see off road pages, just off road capable. My truck was born free of communication from Ram. Its a 2023 big horn, if that matters.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It is UC5, 8" I am using JScan so I don't see off road pages, just off road capable. My truck was born free of communication from Ram. Its a 2023 big horn, if that matters.
This is what you would need to set, if JScan doesn't show it you would need Alfaobd, which you should probably get anyways.

For offroad pages
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present - Yes

For performance pages (some sensors may not show on a Big Horn.
VehConfig 1-Performance Pages Present - Yes

If your truck is really free of communication those pages will both stick, else it will get zapped from the radio but show on the evic.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Your radio is an 8.4 non-navigation radio, and it’s not capable of displaying off-road pages anyway.
The off-road capable setting is used on a heavy duty ram for the off road front camera when equipped with surround view. It is used in conjunction with some other settings to display the yellow dynamic tire track gridlines when the front camera image is pulled up.

deanfx

Reaction score
Your radio is an 8.4 non-navigation radio, and it’s not capable of displaying off-road pages anyway.
The off-road capable setting is used on a heavy duty ram for the off road front camera when equipped with surround view. It is used in conjunction with some other settings to display the yellow dynamic tire track gridlines when the front camera image is pulled up.
Thanks for chiming in @Jimmy07 that puts that to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread