5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jscan - making changes

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I downloaded a gps speedometer app. Still looks to be 1 mph off at 60. Maybe have to go a little more. I’ll try higher speeds too

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shouldn't be going for a touch carwash if you care about your truck to start with... Touchfree doesn't have an attendant at any I have ever been to.
Back in the day when they used brushes, I would agree. However, the car washes I go to, use soft materials, and power wash, before you enter the tunnel. I have ceramic coating, and having an unlimited wash package, have had hundreds of washes, without any damage.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My buddy folds his every time he parks, even in his driveway. Almost 3 years now, with no issue. I think the bigger issue, is if you go to a car wash, and the idiot attendant tries to push them in.
Same. 3 yrs. I have EGR in channel Visors too. No issues at all. Oh sheet! I just effed up posting this. Lol

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I'll never know if folding them every time I park or having someone accidentally fold them damages the gears. I don't see the logic in folding my mirrors every time I park and I never go through a car wash. However, I did accidentally fold my Laramie mirrors manually, forward and back, and it didn't damage them.
I fold mine back and forth manually when I hand wash the truck...mainly during the drying and blowing the water out of those folds...never an issue. Same thing when I had the Rebel.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve asked Jscan about making the led signature lights brighter with voltage adjustment. Here’s their response. Thoughts on this? Not sure where the halos get their power from.
IMG_4789.jpeg

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Last night it was dark, and the auto headlights were on. I no longer noticed the turn signal DRLs. Is this because DRLs are disabled when the headlights are on? Obviously when they are set to the headlight low beams it’s not going to matter anyway.

Thanks

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Last night it was dark, and the auto headlights were on. I no longer noticed the turn signal DRLs. Is this because DRLs are disabled when the headlights are on? Obviously when they are set to the headlight low beams it’s not going to matter anyway.

Thanks
When headlights are on drl are off.
If you use a TazerDT you can force drl on all the time.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Update on tire size. I’ve set it to 32.75”. Compared to Waze and two other speedometer apps it’s damn close. At 75 mph two of the three will intermittently bounce to 76 and come back to 75. I may try one more tick toward 33”, but I think this will work.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just found this. Might be something to try

View attachment 166760
That's for blinkers as far as I know.
If you have that enables by default if you have drl set to amber (blinkers) and you use 1 blinker, both turn off until the blinkers are done.
If you disable it, then both blinkers stay on and the side turned on blinks.

I had it disabled and without a TazerDT I couldn't keep my amber drl working at night when my actual headlights are on. Maybe you will have better luck.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
That's for blinkers as far as I know.
If you have that enables by default if you have drl set to amber (blinkers) and you use 1 blinker, both turn off until the blinkers are done.
If you disable it, then both blinkers stay on and the side turned on blinks.

I had it disabled and without a TazerDT I couldn't keep my amber drl working at night when my actual headlights are on. Maybe you will have better luck.
I gotcha. Will test this and and see what happens.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I changed the setting. It was not active by default, which to me would be the setting I want to keep them on. I’ll see if it affects the blinkers as you said.

IMG_4799.jpeg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
So it looks like this is the option to turn off the drl when putting on the turn signal, of that side. I’ve seen thousands of cars also this so it makes sense.

Doesn’t apply to me since I put the turn signal as the drl.

Users who are viewing this thread