5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JScan app + OBD connected to truck… changes don’t work!

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought the scanner, security bypass cables, plugged everything in. Spent $20 to input my VIN into the JScan app. Went into the menu to enable fog Lights on during high beams…. Nothing! I tried multiple times and even got the message Changes made. So far looks like a waste of money. Any ideas of what I did wrong? Frustrated…

TheLegend

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bought the scanner, security bypass cables, plugged everything in. Spent $20 to input my VIN into the JScan app. Went into the menu to enable fog Lights on during high beams…. Nothing! I tried multiple times and even got the message Changes made. So far looks like a waste of money. Any ideas of what I did wrong? Frustrated…
It depends how long have you waited and what you changed. Sometimes it takes a couple of power cycles to work.

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Edit: ok, figured it out! The fog light dropout with high beams On actually shows as ACTIVE on the Menu. To keep the Fog lights On with high beams On, you have to select DEACTIVATE. I was leaving it on ACTIVE. Totally counter intuitive!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Totally counter intuitive!
The name of the feature is called “front fog lamp dropout”. That means that the fog lamps will “drop out” (turn off) when the high beams are on.
So, if front fog lamp dropout is set to “active”, then that means that the feature is on, and they will turn off when the high beams are turned on.

Users who are viewing this thread