5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joined the LT285/60R20 Club

LM42

Reaction score
I will put wheels on it too, but I have a few other non essential purchases to make first LOL. Here is a small review I posted in other thread.....
I just installed a set of Cooper Dicsoverer AT3 in LT285/60R20 for my truck. A co worker has them and loved them. I got a good deal so I decided to give them a shot. A few things. The tread blocks look to me like they would be noisy. They are not. I feel no appreciable noise difference from the stock Bridgestones. Second, even with the 3.92 rear end, the loss of effective dear ration is noticeable. I commute over a couple of good sized hills on the fwy in SoCal and where I once went over the hills in 8th, no matter what, if it is the warmer part of the day it downshifts to 7th. Not the end of the earth, but if you were someone who towed a lot you would notice it. Also, and this is likely brand dependent I think people generally worry too much about ride changes from the P tires to LT. I feel no real difference in these either, and for what its worth I didn't in my F150 either with both Toyo MT's and a similar Kelly.

Attachments

• ram1.jpg
    ram1.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 159
  • ram2.jpg
    ram2.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 159

Users who are viewing this thread