5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joined the club today

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In Canada, DRLs are mandatory, however, certain LEDs count. My Charger, for instance, does not have the projector halogen lamps on at all in daylight, just the LED running lights.
What do the Ram 1500's in CA do for DRL? Same headlight on low as US?

If they have brighter LED trim then it should be easy to duplicate in the states.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I really wanted the patriot blue, but this dealer didn't have any. This color was meh at first, but now that it's clean I LOVE it! It's blue, gray, black, and metallic all in one!
Good description, when I saw it in person the more I looked the more I liked. It usually doesn’t photograph well since it is so dark but you found a way to get the blue to come through, nice work!

D

Deleted member 85

What do the Ram 1500's in CA do for DRL? Same headlight on low as US?

If they have brighter LED trim then it should be easy to duplicate in the states.

On DS Rams, the orange LED is always on on Sport+ trims, on lower trims the orange turn signal is illuminated I believe (trying to picture it)

On the DT Rams the LED bands are illuminated full-time, I have not seen the base headlights in person yet.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hand washed and waxed her up today.

Attachments

• 41B41443-FB52-4C2D-AD60-0535C2474211.jpeg
    41B41443-FB52-4C2D-AD60-0535C2474211.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
  • 0207A18D-93B6-4CE1-BCB6-966CC6105FF5.jpeg
    0207A18D-93B6-4CE1-BCB6-966CC6105FF5.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 57
  • FE691D8F-8FA9-4076-BBDE-D26F60FD5FCC.jpeg
    FE691D8F-8FA9-4076-BBDE-D26F60FD5FCC.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 56

grifodan67

Reaction score
One full day down. Very pleased so far. The stop/start works very well. The fit and finish is great overall except for the chrome trim around the windows which looks like a 6 year old installed. How something so obvious made it through QC is baffling. Pics attached.

Are the headlights supposed to stay on all of the time? I thought the DRLs were just LED surrounding the lights?

Also, I've tried lowering the truck from the key fob, but the hazards just blink and it doesn't do anything. Any ideas why?

VectorZ,
Have you checked the settings for the air suspension in your settings? you do not need to have the truck running to lower and raise the truck.

Dan

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw this video today about trim. I saw how you're trim looked. Check this guys trim out on a limited.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks great, still amazed how interesting that Max steel colour is. Your first photo looks just like patriot blue, then the others 2 photos look the way I love it most.
I might've considered Maximum Steel if my wife's Audi wasn't almost exactly the same color. Looks great!

stevier2987

Reaction score
Hmm... It should lower when double clicking the remote. Engine does not have to be running.

Regarding headlights, there are two kinds. The always-on accent strips on the top and bottom of the headlight (bottom only on the lower trims), and DRLs. The DRLs are the actual headlights that operate at a lower intensity and need to be enabled on UConnect. The thin LED strips are always on, and very subtle.

View attachment 2444 View attachment 2445
So I have a big horn sport with lighting package was hoping to turn off the lamps and just leave the top and bottom strips on is that doable....right now as soon as I put it in drive the lamps come one during the day I really just want the led

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So I have a big horn sport with lighting package was hoping to turn off the lamps and just leave the top and bottom strips on is that doable....right now as soon as I put it in drive the lamps come one during the day I really just want the led
You can turn the DRLs off in Uconnect.

stevier2987

Reaction score
You can turn the DRLs off in Uconnect.
Thanks for the response! So there’s two different in other posts someone yeah it s doable someone else it’s not...I’ll try that after work... so the led should always be one wether drl is off or on basically

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! So there’s two different in other posts someone yeah it s doable someone else it’s not...I’ll try that after work... so the led should always be one wether drl is off or on basically
Correct. Once you turn them off, the LED strips are all that's left, since they are accent lights.

1545413586657.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/