5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

joined screen freeze

Goomba

Reaction score
Going to get black coffee this morning as I do every morning, it took I don't know what was wrong with me but it took me like 10 minutes to realize I was listening to straight SiriusXM commercials. I should have service for a year since I bought my truck new. I tried changing the channel & nothing happens. I tried turning the volume, nothing happens. Push the power off button, radio still going. Pulled in my driveway, shut my truck off & the radio went on for like another 30 seconds when it normally shuts right off if the truck is off after opening my door. We had a bad storm last night but I would think that wouldn't affect it because my truck wasn't on at all during the storm. I really hope I'm not an official member of the screen freeze club.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Going to get black coffee this morning as I do every morning, it took I don't know what was wrong with me but it took me like 10 minutes to realize I was listening to straight SiriusXM commercials. I should have service for a year since I bought my truck new. I tried changing the channel & nothing happens. I tried turning the volume, nothing happens. Push the power off button, radio still going. Pulled in my driveway, shut my truck off & the radio went on for like another 30 seconds when it normally shuts right off if the truck is off after opening my door. We had a bad storm last night but I would think that wouldn't affect it because my truck wasn't on at all during the storm. I really hope I'm not an official member of the screen freeze club.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
RamCares

Six_Swix

Reaction score
I have the 8.4" and my screen freezes all the time. Mostly when I'm backing up. There are some other threads about this

Goomba

Reaction score
Well luckily, I went back out & start of the truck back up to see if it would work properly. It did, it worked just fine. I was just surprise. I'm not sure why yesterday morning I didn't notice it. Because I was talking to my 5 year old son which can be fairly interesting conversations. Anyhow, I realized sitting at a light, that's like the 5th SiriusXM commercial I've heard. So I tried to change the channel, nothing, tried just turning the volume all the way down, nothing. Pushedthe power button to just turn the radio off & while the screen turned off, the radio kept talking. I'm about to leave to go get my coffee as I do every morning. We shall see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread