5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JL Audio Stealthbox... Who will be the first?

airvista66

Reaction score

1brendan

Reaction score
I have one in my 2020. It fits perfect and sounds great. You have to take the seats out to install but not too hard. I like it because it’s not too obnoxious like som of the other boxes. I have the OEM rubber floor mats and it doesn’t intrude on them. I can take some photos tomorrow.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Thank you for taking the time out to share these photos.

1brendan

Reaction score
I really like how it tucks away nicely and has the amp mounting cutout. What amp did you go with?
I’m using a Alpine mono amp I had in my previous Ram that’s 1200 RMS power. It’s a little over powered but I reduced the gain and it seems to handle it fine. The fit is nice and it has brackets that mount to the original holes of the under seat storage. locks In there really well. Overall a really well made product.

airvista66

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the pictures. Thats about the cleanest under seat sub setup I think we can get in these trucks. I'm assuming night and day difference from stock sub... You may have answered this in another thread but where did you pull your signal from? Also do you have to bracket it in or can it sit there snuggly all by itself?

1brendan

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the pictures. Thats about the cleanest under seat sub setup I think we can get in these trucks. I'm assuming night and day difference from stock sub... You may have answered this in another thread but where did you pull your signal from? Also do you have to bracket it in or can it sit there snuggly all by itself?
I used the PAC Amp pro for a clean signal. I think it really needs to be bracketed in. The setup they put together is well thought out with good directions. They are on their site.

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you have the HK system, you can get your signal from the factory sub leads, as it is single voice coil and not used in the ANC. There are several products that are less expensive than the PAC that will offer you a clean signal from the sub speaker leads, and not require pulling the factory display out. If you decide to or end up having to use the PAC, there is a nice little covey hole to the right of the main unit behind the display that the PAC will slide down inside of, although you might want to wrap it with cloth or something soft to make sure it does not move and rattle.

PillowPants69

Reaction score
Good to know it will accommodate a larger sub amp than the VX1000/1

Any ideas on where to install the other amp? I have a center console and the front seats have air vents under for seat ventilation.so the usual places for an amp are limited.

Sonnie

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Good to know it will accommodate a larger sub amp than the VX1000/1

Any ideas on where to install the other amp? I have a center console and the front seats have air vents under for seat ventilation.so the usual places for an amp are limited.
If you remove the factory sub you can mount it there on that back wall. I made a plate there to mount an amp and a miniDSP in that location.

jaybretzke

Reaction score
So you tape into the lines for for the factory subs? direct connectio? Or signal processor

Users who are viewing this thread