5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeep® Wagoneer Will Dump The HEMI® From Its Lineup In 2024

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Jeep® Wagoneer Will Dump The HEMI® From Its Lineup In 2024​

HEMI® Makes Way For Standard Twin-Turbo Hurricane Power...​

1696172939702.png

According to various automotive pricing websites, the 5.7-liter and 6.4-liter HEMI® V-8 engines have been removed from the lineup of the Jeep® Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer (WS).

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
"dump", eh?

As long as there is a good N/A v8 in the segment I'm interested, I will "dump" any brand that doesn't have one.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sounds like a good decision for company and consumers. According to Jeep the replacement inline 6 delivers more HP, torque and economy than the 6.4 hemi.

silver billet

Reaction score
When you dumping?

It's more a case of what's available when I want to purchase next, which I can't put a date to. But if there is no Ram v8 then it most likely will be a chevy (they have recently announced they are doubling down on v8s for light trucks and suv's including development of their next generation v8s).

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The commitment to V8s is quite possibly the only good thing GM has going with their trucks. It pains me that I might give them money again at some point in the future, but it’s a darn good move by them.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The commitment to V8s is quite possibly the only good thing GM has going with their trucks. It pains me that I might give them money again at some point in the future, but it’s a darn good move by them.

Why? If the competition offers an inline 6 that produces more HP and more torque than GM's common V8s why not consider the I6? Jeep says the I6 Hurricane engine in the Wagoneers produces higher HP, torque and economy than the Hemi V8s they are replacing.

Cummins has been producing very desirable and high hp and torque 6 cylinder engines for pickups for many years and they bring a premium price.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Why? If the competition offers an inline 6 that produces more HP and more torque than GM's common V8s why not consider the I6? Jeep says the I6 Hurricane engine in the Wagoneers produces higher HP, torque and economy than the Hemi V8s they are replacing.

Cummins has been producing very desirable and high hp and torque 6 cylinder engines for pickups for many years and they bring a premium price.
Did you really just compare an Cummins to some new turbo 6 cylinder that Fiat created?
You must be the target audience lol.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you really just compare an Cummins to some new turbo 6 cylinder that Fiat created?
You must be the target audience lol.

I'm sorry you missed my point entirely. I wasn't comparing the two engines. Previous posts seemed to indicate that 8 cylinders were essential so I gave an example of a very good engine that was not 8 cylinders. I know nothing about the new motor other than that the manufacture claims it produces more HP, torque and economy than the Hemi it is replacing.

Is an Ad Hominem all you really have or do you have a logical explanation of why the new engine is worse than the hemi it replaces?

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm sorry you missed my point entirely. I wasn't comparing the two engines. Previous posts seemed to indicate that 8 cylinders were essential so I gave an example of a very good engine that was not 8 cylinders. I know nothing about the new motor other than that the manufacture claims it produces more HP, torque and economy than the Hemi it is replacing.

Is an Ad Hominem all you really have or do you have a logical explanation of why the new engine is worse than the hemi it replaces?

I did not miss your point, as bad as it is.
You compared a gas engine to a diesel engine.

Some people like myself buy vehicles with v8 because of what they are, not some numbers on paper.
I could of got a Ford F150 over my Ram and got better mpg and torque if I wanted to, but I wanted a v8, and I wanted the 5.7 over the 5.0.
I wanted to get an Expedition but Ford no longer offered a v8 for the SUV so I went elsewhere and ended up just getting a pickup again.

People that can afford these stupid expensive SUVs are going to go elsewhere when they lose options. A bunch will still buy whatever it spoon fed for them, but once it goes to an 6 cylinder with a turbo they have a ton of other options to get the same thing, the Ford Expedition is a great alternative for example...

Forcing an engine change on people is stupid, and they need to be tested in the real world and have a generation or so to even be considered reliable. When you remove the existing stable options you no longer have that choice, except to go elsewhere.

Fiat is just in the process of killing it's branding is all this is, not even trying to brand it as the "Hurricane HEMI".
Even if the Hurricane is successful people aren't going to be saying "i'm glad they killed the HEMI"

silver billet

Reaction score

Ford already offers turbos that put out more hp/torque than some (all?) current v8's. Not interested, v8's are where it's at for me. I am interested in the GM 3.0 inline 6 diesel though. We've already had some reviews on the Jeep I6, not that impressive. Maybe it's the tuning, but most reviews call it lazy and laid back compared to the hemi, unless you go WOT, which I don't ever do.

As for the cummins, yeah it's a bruiser but its a whole different class of engine. The weight alone should be the first clue.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Because I care about the experience more than the numbers in a personal vehicle.

I currently own a V6 turbo EcoBoost F150 that is fast AF. It's fast because I kept tinkering with it in hopes of making for an experience that I'd enjoy. What I ended up with is a truck that puts down awesome numbers on paper (or slips as it is sometimes), but still comepletely lacks in experience.

There's not a ton of practical scenarios for me to hold the skinny pedal down for too long without being a menace. And it already had way more power stock to pull anything it's payload and towing numbers were rated at comfortably straight up a mountain.

So I finally learned that going in fast in a truck is a little silly.

But if I had to go fast in a truck, I'd get an EV truck.
If I just wanted to go fast, a car or motorcycle is a better starting point.

If major hauling was the priority I'd look at HD trucks.

If efficiency was the priority... well, I wouldn't get a truck at all.

Half tons are the perfect do-it-all & family mobile in this modern era.
I prefer even my everyday transportation to have some theatre, even if it means I loose a few ET's or MPGs.

I don't subscribe to that whole 'V8's are simpler engines" thought though... all modern engines are complicated nightmares.

Users who are viewing this thread