5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Points When Using Jack Stand - Pics Inside (Tire Rotation)

lsupcar

Reaction score
Finally figured out how to lift with a two post. With help from a service tech. Obvious now that I see the cutout in the gas tank skid plate shield.

Attachments

• IMG_3676.jpeg
    IMG_3676.jpeg
    114.1 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_3675.jpeg
    IMG_3675.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_3674.jpeg
    IMG_3674.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3673.jpeg
    IMG_3673.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3672.jpeg
    IMG_3672.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3671.jpeg
    IMG_3671.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 105

barrak

Reaction score
In the past, I lifted at the front-most crossmember's midpoint and placed the jack stands at the frame rails about a foot behind the front wheels.

Now that I have installed skid plates for the suspension (OEM), transfer case (OEM) and Catalytic converters/transmission pan (Skeerdy Cat), I have only a small section of unimpeded frame rails, just behind the RAM logos on the front doors, and both front crossmembers' center points are impeded by the skid plates.

Moving forward, I plan to front-lift at said rail sections and place jack stands where demonstrated in Post #1.

As for the rears, lift at the pumpkin and jack stands at the reinforced vertical taps shown in the manual. If these taps show deformation, I'll switch to the axel tubes.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
In the past, I lifted at the front-most crossmember's midpoint and placed the jack stands at the frame rails about a foot behind the front wheels.

Now that I have installed skid plates for the suspension (OEM), transfer case (OEM) and Catalytic converters/transmission pan (Skeerdy Cat), I have only a small section of unimpeded frame rails, just behind the RAM logos on the front doors, and both front crossmembers' center points are impeded by the skid plates.

Moving forward, I plan to front-lift at said rail sections and place jack stands where demonstrated in Post #1.

As for the rears, lift at the pumpkin and jack stands at the reinforced vertical taps shown in the manual. If these taps show deformation, I'll switch to the axel tubes.
Front, lift at center cross member. Put jack stands on lower control arm pivots. Rear, unless I'm doing rear suspension work, I always put jack stands under axle

barrak

Reaction score
Front, lift at center cross member. Put jack stands on lower control arm pivots. Rear, unless I'm doing rear suspension work, I always put jack stands under axle
I would have to lift off-center at the front cross member, or else crush the skid plate.

Front_Skid.JPG

kilogRAM

Reaction score
I just did my first oil change and tire rotation and couldn't find pics on how others are jacking up each corner when using a stand. I hope this helps someone.

I started with the front driver's side to jack up and put a stand underneath and found the lower control arm (LCA) joint that meets the shock is grooved and shaped to fit the stand excellently, and fits next to jack when using factory recommended jacking point on LCA!

Doing a "rearward cross" style rotation the owner's manual states to do, moving to the rear only requires a jack but I would put a stand under the black bar if that's the best location?

Thanks for the pics. Very helpful

Users who are viewing this thread