5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Points When Using Jack Stand - Pics Inside (Tire Rotation)

lmike6453

Reaction score
I just did my first oil change and tire rotation and couldn't find pics on how others are jacking up each corner when using a stand. I hope this helps someone.

I started with the front driver's side to jack up and put a stand underneath and found the lower control arm (LCA) joint that meets the shock is grooved and shaped to fit the stand excellently, and fits next to jack when using factory recommended jacking point on LCA!

Doing a "rearward cross" style rotation the owner's manual states to do, moving to the rear only requires a jack but I would put a stand under the black bar if that's the best location?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I jack the rear up in the center under the pumpkin and place jack stands on the axle tubes next to shock mounts. Front can be jacked up from the center of front cross member as well so only have to jack in one location on front or back to get jack stands under both sides.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I jack the rear up in the center under the pumpkin and place jack stands on the axle tubes next to shock mounts. Front can be jacked up from the center of front cross member as well so only have to jack in one location on front or back to get jack stands under both sides.
^^This is what I do as well.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

I do the same with the rear, but I jack up the front like the OP.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
when i jack up the front i just do it on the frame, the most forward position possible and place a stand there. For the rear i jack it up at the pumpkin and place stand under axles.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My reasons for jacking where I do has a lot to do with my ride height. I would need a higher lift jack to jack from the side in the frame.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My reasons for jacking where I do has a lot to do with my ride height. I would need a higher lift jack to jack from the side in the frame.
if you go offroad i recommend pro eagle jacks. get the extension. i've seen some scary thing happen with hi-lifts.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Do you have a picture of this?
Sorry, I don't have a pic of this. Our truck is temporarily out of commission right now and is not parked in the garage. I'm sure someone else can oblige you with a pic. But it's exactly as described. Place the floor jack under the rear differential and jack it up from there.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For tire rotation the back is lifted from the pumpkin and fronts individually.
For oil change, I raise it to off-road and place jacks under the frame rails.

Attachments

• IMGP5083 1600.jpg
    IMGP5083 1600.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 465
  • IMGP5068 1600.jpg
    IMGP5068 1600.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 446

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
But can you roll under using a creeper? I can fit if I don't use one, but since our truck has air suspension...why not take advantage of it? :cool:

I don't use a creeper, so I'm not sure. I suppose it would be easier with a creeper, but I don't have any issues just sliding on my back on the garage floor.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't use a creeper, so I'm not sure. I suppose it would be easier with a creeper, but I don't have any issues just sliding on my back on the garage floor.
When I was younger I was fine on the floor. But my old bones don't like cold concrete, especially in colder weather. Sucks getting old. :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread