5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivory tri coat pearl or bright white??

Topsella40

Reaction score
Debating between a used 2021 ram limited tri coat ivory white or a bright white...what's your opinions???

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I've had both, and I'd give the nod to Ivory white over bright white all things being otherwise equal. But since color isn't my primary concern I'd be looking at other differences in them, if any.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i also like the ivory better, but like mike and trooper said, if you narrowed down 2 trucks, look at the options they have also to help make the choice

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I vote for the Ivory as well. White would still work if that truck has better equipped but it would have to be a pretty big option to trump the Ivory for me.

MrRick1971

Reaction score
Debating between a used 2021 ram limited tri coat ivory white or a bright white...what's your opinions???
I have the ivory on my Laramie and am now regretting it. This past summer while at the Ram dealership getting the exhaust manifold and transmission replaced, they scratched and dinged the driver's door and dented the tailgate. They fixed it but the paint isn't an exact match. I complained and they re-painted it and it's still off. I was told it's as good as its going to get. The ivory is a tri-coat paint and hard to match if repainted.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the ivory on my Laramie and am now regretting it. This past summer while at the Ram dealership getting the exhaust manifold and transmission replaced, they scratched and dinged the driver's door and dented the tailgate. They fixed it but the paint isn't an exact match. I complained and they re-painted it and it's still off. I was told it's as good as its going to get. The ivory is a tri-coat paint and hard to match if repainted.
Bright white is better if you want something that will be easier to repaint. But most people choose paint color based on what they think looks the best, and not which color is the easiest to repaint.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That dealer/body shop is an amiture. A good body shop would give you a perfect match. Had to have both of my driver side doors replaced, and there is no way I can tell they are not original. Perfect match to the rest of that side. A scratch is hard to match, but doable by a pro.

Topsella40

Reaction score
I've had both, and I'd give the nod to Ivory white over bright white all things being otherwise equal. But since color isn't my primary concern I'd be looking at other differences in them, if any.
Does it look like sparkling??or soft look??since u had both..thank u

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Bright white has no metallic flake at all; ivory has the metallic sparkles. I wish my truck was ivory, it looks higher end than work-truck-white lol

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Im not a painter but in my experience with motorcycles, those multistage metallic and pearl paints are a motherfu(ker to match if you ever need a repaint. The look nice but even with factory purchased paint it is difficult to get right.

n8zcc

Reaction score
The ivory is a tri-coat paint and hard to match if repainted.
Just this morning I was reading a paintless dent repair thread and those folks hate the tri-color. Seems that even trying to get the painless repair looking right is very difficult to blend back in.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Just this morning I was reading a paintless dent repair thread and those folks hate the tri-color. Seems that even trying to get the painless repair looking right is very difficult to blend back in.
If you're not painting the truck by using a "paintless" dent repair then what is there to blend back in? My 11 ram was the blue metallic pearl and the pdr guy did an amazing job with some door dings I had him fix. There was no blending involved

RJS

Reaction score
Im not a painter but in my experience with motorcycles, those multistage metallic and pearl paints are a motherfu(ker to match if you ever need a repaint. The look nice but even with factory purchased paint it is difficult to get right.
My 19 Ram Laramie (Delmonico Red Pearl tricoat) has been repaired twice in my dealers shop. One hit was just below the grill in the front and the other was on the rear quarter between the wheel well and the tail light. Both have been repainted and you can not see where the paint has been matched. The hit in the rear quarter would make it easy to see a mismatch but it looks just like it did prior to the accident. It's just that the painter at the dealership is proud of his work and does an excellent job.
On the bumper repair a couple parts were late in arriving and he refused to paint any of the parts until they were together so he could be sure everything matched prior to reassembly.

RBJ

Reaction score
I have a 2021 RAM Longhorn Limited in Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl and love the sparkle in the ivory white color. It just stands out as a color compared to plain white. It’s a personal choice. While touch up paint, if needed, is a 3-step process, it can be done well by taking your time between coats. The Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl is a beautiful color.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Shiny sparkle, but not like a metal flake. More of a kind of iridescence. The pearl flakes catch the light different than metal flakes. You have to see it in person to really understand. There are other manufacturers that also use pearl paint.
Cadillac’s “white diamond tricoat” is perhaps the most well-known example. Beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread