5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivory tri coat pearl or bright white??

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
My 19 Ram Laramie (Delmonico Red Pearl tricoat) has been repaired twice in my dealers shop. One hit was just below the grill in the front and the other was on the rear quarter between the wheel well and the tail light. Both have been repainted and you can not see where the paint has been matched. The hit in the rear quarter would make it easy to see a mismatch but it looks just like it did prior to the accident. It's just that the painter at the dealership is proud of his work and does an excellent job.
On the bumper repair a couple parts were late in arriving and he refused to paint any of the parts until they were together so he could be sure everything matched prior to reassembly.
Ok

n8zcc

Reaction score
If you're not painting the truck by using a "paintless" dent repair then what is there to blend back in? My 11 ram was the blue metallic pearl and the pdr guy did an amazing job with some door dings I had him fix. There was no blending involved
First of all, this isn't me doing paintless dent repair, way outside my skill level. I can only echo what they were discussing and what I have seen on my vehicle when I had a few dents repaired that way.

The process of the dent creation and then the dent removal causes the paint to ripple. The guy that did my vehicle used a polishing compound to slowly blend in the ripples but they don't go completely away albeit almost impossible to see. Different paints and different colors have direct effects on how well the ripples blend, according to the discussion I was reading.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
First of all, this isn't me doing paintless dent repair, way outside my skill level. I can only echo what they were discussing and what I have seen on my vehicle when I had a few dents repaired that way.

The process of the dent creation and then the dent removal causes the paint to ripple. The guy that did my vehicle used a polishing compound to slowly blend in the ripples but they don't go completely away albeit almost impossible to see. Different paints and different colors have direct effects on how well the ripples blend, according to the discussion I was reading.
I'm sure different paints require slightly different procedures but in my personal experience and others I know who's had experience with paint less dent repair, nobody has mentioned anything about blending anything. If the dent causes a crease in the metal then yeah that usually involves paint cracking or that "ripple" effect. If thats the case then it's beyond paint less dent repair and will need to be painted

Users who are viewing this thread