5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivory/ Indigo, interior owners beware!

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Today I was doing my weekly cleaning of my truck. I was cleaning and conditioning my leather when I noticed wear marks and a blueish staining on my drivers seat. I was shocked. It appears my new work jeans which were washed twice prior to use had left a blue stain where i sit. Worse was the wear marks where it appears the finish is coming off the leather. I am not a big guy I am very careful as I was fearful of this ivory seat covering, but I don't think this is acceptable. I went to the dealer and my Service Advisor took pictures and was going to contact FCA for a warranty fix. I will keep you posted.

Attachments

• 56978183349__7E67C13C-C0D8-471C-9D2D-FEF59BA56DE0.jpg
    56978183349__7E67C13C-C0D8-471C-9D2D-FEF59BA56DE0.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 684

Draw007

Reaction score
I came very close to getting that color but that’s exactly what I feared. Some jeans dye seems to always transfer. Good luck, hope they take care of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are others posting to 5thgenrams that are having the same issue. Some speculate a bad batch of leather from the supplier.

okanagan ram

Reaction score
Today I was doing my weekly cleaning of my truck. I was cleaning and conditioning my leather when I noticed wear marks and a blueish staining on my drivers seat. I was shocked. It appears my new work jeans which were washed twice prior to use had left a blue stain where i sit. Worse was the wear marks where it appears the finish is coming off the leather. I am not a big guy I am very careful as I was fearful of this ivory seat covering, but I don't think this is acceptable. I went to the dealer and my Service Advisor took pictures and was going to contact FCA for a warranty fix. I will keep you posted.
hoping you can get it looked after! i have had that color in other vehicles and have it in my new Limited as well and i have managed to get the blue off of there with leather wipes but you have probably tried that! Also, paid for the interior protection package so hoping stuff just wipes off easier!

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Thanks, yes I did try everything. It did get better. But that interior protection was a good idea. I hope they help me out.

DaMythDaLegend

Reaction score

This will be why I won't be going with this color for my build. I just did 14yrs with a vehicle in this color and it just shows any kind of dirt.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The light frost interior in my 2018 Durango has been flawless; no staining and no damage.

Not sure why Ram would be different...

silverbullet

Reaction score
Likely just a bad batch IMO. I have Ivory leather in my challenger...3 years and 25k miles and it's like new. It gets a bit dirty over time of course but it cleans up like new. I wear jeans pretty much always in that vehicle and since jeans are junk these days I get new ones all the damn time it seems...

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
5 years of use in my '14 Grand Cherokee with "Frost" leather and, other than minor distress on the driver's outside seat bolster, it looked like new when I traded.

clarkehaven

Reaction score

I am having the same issue on the outer edge of the lower seat. It is disheartening.....I love this interior with my Patriot Blue limited.....I think it is the best interior offered on the higher end trucks but this early premature wear is not acceptable

Ram92131

Reaction score
Any update available from indigo/frost owners? If your jeans dye did transfer, how well are you able to clean it up?

I'm in final discussion with an out-of-town dealer about buying a Limited with the indigo/frost interior. This particular truck was on display at an auto show and with a bunch of people constantly sliding in and out of it, I fear the seat is no longer frost but a light shade of blue. Dealer hasn't sent pics yet, so perhaps I already know what to expect...

syddog 2000

Reaction score
Any update available from indigo/frost owners? If your jeans dye did transfer, how well are you able to clean it up?

I'm in final discussion with an out-of-town dealer about buying a Limited with the indigo/frost interior. This particular truck was on display at an auto show and with a bunch of people constantly sliding in and out of it, I fear the seat is no longer frost but a light shade of blue. Dealer hasn't sent pics yet, so perhaps I already know what to expect...
The dealer was not any help.I have tried Griots Garage, Leather cleaner which does a reasonable job. But I fear the dye from the jeans is here to stay!

Ram92131

Reaction score
The dealer was not any help.I have tried Griots Garage, Leather cleaner which does a reasonable job. But I fear the dye from the jeans is here to stay!

Sorry to hear. I just completed the purchase of mine and drove it 800 miles home. Before I did so I got pics from the dealer to prove it wasn't stained. So far no issue. It may be that this truck was on display at the auto show but was locked so that nobody could sit in it.

Kinger124

Reaction score
Unfortunately blue Jean transfer can not be cleaned off. It has to be dyed over.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unfortunately blue Jean transfer can not be cleaned off. It has to be dyed over.
Not true. I have cleaned off light blue jean transfer many times on my seats. This assumes the topcoat layer from the leather producer is still in-tact, you use proper products on a regular basis, and hopefully you've been adding your own protection as well. I use Colourlock mild leather cleaner - wipes the jean dye right off. Then I follow up with their Leather Shield product that reduces friction and acts as a protective barrier (you can actually feel this getting in/out of the truck) - goes on wet, but dries quickly and invisibly leaving no residue.

Fidomac

Reaction score
The warranty fix will be a new seat cover which will do the same thing in a few months

Users who are viewing this thread