5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its been a pleasure

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Good looking truck. Only reason I dumped my Chevy was transfer case problems and no dealership would fix it so gota Ram hoping dealership network was better. It ain't lol.
Thanks, i hope me and that ol thing have a long, happy life together.

I hope your dealer experience gets better. I know having a peckerhead dealer on top of problems with your truck is aggravating as crap!

I traded my Rebel for the ZR2 and other than little stupid stuff, of which half I was probably imagining, I can honestly say it was a great truck and I had a really good experience with my dealership. I bought the truck at Secret City CJRD in Oak Ridge, TN. and had all of my service work done at their sister dealership, North Knoxville CJRD.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to see you go but happy to see you’ve found a sweet truck! Don’t be a stranger brother! I’ve also toyed with the ZR2 or LT TrailBoss search a bit. I’m curious about that 6.2L V8. I bet it’s bada$$! Most likely my next move since Ram ditched the Hemi.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Sorry to see you go but happy to see you’ve found a sweet truck! Don’t be a stranger brother! I’ve also toyed with the ZR2 or LT TrailBoss search a bit. I’m curious about that 6.2L V8. I bet it’s bada$$! Most likely my next move since Ram ditched the Hemi.
Thanks brother!

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
from experience the 6.2L gets worse milage than anything else on the Market currently. the one I had got 11 and 14. i had it for 5 years and never got any better than that.
it was a company truck and they paid for the gas, but I would never buy one for me personally. I always got the 5.3 and it was a nice balance. I have had 6 of those and they got good milage for a fullsize pickup 4x4 and plenty of power for what I needed.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
from experience the 6.2L gets worse milage than anything else on the Market currently. the one I had got 11 and 14. i had it for 5 years and never got any better than that.
it was a company truck and they paid for the gas, but I would never buy one for me personally. I always got the 5.3 and it was a nice balance. I have had 6 of those and they got good milage for a fullsize pickup 4x4 and plenty of power for what I needed.
But I’ve got Tim “The Toolman” Taylor syndrome. More, more, more. More power, liters,HP, arrrgghh arrghhh. lol. 🤣But of course means more fuel consumption. I understand what you’re saying and it makes total sense. I’m not overly concerned with MPG as I’m lucky to get 13-14 around town now. And that’s driving like a Grandma!

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
But I’ve got Tim “The Toolman” Taylor syndrome. More, more, more. More power, liters,HP, arrrgghh arrghhh. lol. 🤣But of course means more fuel consumption. I understand what you’re saying and it makes total sense. I’m not overly concerned with MPG as I’m lucky to get 13-14 around town now. And that’s driving like a Grandma!
lol, and I am doing just the opposite of you. switching from being a long time Silverado guy to my first ever Ram. GM made me aggravated this time around and my long-time dealer is also a ram dealer, so I guess I am going to test the new HO engine out. not crazy about the premium only fuel but I love the Limited's features over the Silverado High Country.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
lol, and I am doing just the opposite of you. switching from being a long time Silverado guy to my first ever Ram. GM made me aggravated this time around and my long-time dealer is also a ram dealer, so I guess I am going to test the new HO engine out. not crazy about the premium only fuel but I love the Limited's features over the Silverado High Country.
I think the Hurricane is going to be a really good motor and I think your going to love the Ram brand, I do.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Congrats man! New truck time is always awesome, no matter what.

How do you find the suspension to ride & perform vs. the Rebel + 5100's?

Wondering if some of these newer trucks with a premium suspension might actually allow me not to feel compelled to replace the suspension on a new truck some day?

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Thanks!!

I've not really had a chance to drive the ZR2 a whole lot yet, but I've noticed with the rear leaf springs it rides a bit more harsh that the Rebel. It "feels" more like a truck, which I kind of like. From the reviews and test drives I've seen the ZR2 is supposed to be a mountain goat and go just about anywhere with its break over angles and front and rear lockers.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Thanks!!

I've not really had a chance to drive the ZR2 a whole lot yet, but I've noticed with the rear leaf springs it rides a bit more harsh that the Rebel. It "feels" more like a truck, which I kind of like. From the reviews and test drives I've seen the ZR2 is supposed to be a mountain goat and go just about anywhere with its break over angles and front and rear lockers.
I agree with you on the rear leaf springs. it's all I have had since I have only driven Silverado's but when I drove my first ever limited Ram that's the first thing I noticed was the stiffness i felt from the rear and the leaf springs. granted the limited had air suspension vs the Leaves but the difference was huge.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Awesome combination of colors. Looks great.
What are you top 5 reasons for going with that Truck over a Ram?
I suspect price was at the top of the list.
Thanks, I love the colors too!

I was lucky and found this truck used. It's a loaded 2022 which listed for $75,xxx when it was sold new in September 2022. I got it for $55k. It only has 17,100 miles on it so it's basically just getting broke in. I know this sounds stupid, but I love the dash. It puts me in mind of a 70s or 80s truck dash just the way it looks. I've not had a chance to take it off road yet but the way rides on a paved road is very good, not quite Ram good, but exceptional for a truck with leaf springs. A lot of that can be contributed to the DSSV shocks I guess. I LOVE the 6.2L motor! And as crazy as this sounds, I'm getting better gas mileage in the ZR2 than what I was getting in my Rebel! I absolutely didn't buy it for fuel economy, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I also love all of the fu-fu stuff, like the sunroof, adaptive cruise, tailgate, the stereo isn't bad, and the heated and cooled front and rear seats. I can go on but I'm sure I've bored everyone to death as it is. LOL

One last thing that makes my back leg kick.....when the truck is shut off and you're listening to the radio, the screens dim so your not being blinded. The first time i did that in my Rebel, there was so much light coming from the dash I about walked toward it 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread