5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It was a GREAT 17 years.....

MidnightExpre$$

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My sympathies. I don't know the feeling - and I don't want to know either. But I know it is my future, hopefully far, far in the future Screenshot_20210824-225031_Gallery.jpg

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Heartbreaking news, and yes he is a cutie. Although that name had to be a little awkward to call for in public. Hope you weren't driving a white panel van at those times. :D

Seriously though, there are no words to make it easier. I've been there, it sucks, plain and simple. The fact that they can't live forever is the worst part about having a dog.

56 Pontiac

Reaction score
... there are no words to make it easier. I've been there, it sucks, plain and simple. The fact that they can't live forever is the worst part about having a dog.
I still remember the day, 20 years ago, when we had to put Max down. He was such a sweet dog.
Max in Hawaii 1.jpg

That's why we got puppy Buddy, who's 3-1/2 years younger than Sunny, so when that bad day comes for her, we'll still have him.
20201110-4.jpg

Dave

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. I had to put Sandy to sleep 2 years ago 2 week before my birthday. My buddy Sam is 14 and not looking forward to that.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We adopt these friends and try to enrich and share their little lives, which are shorter than our own. We must seem like gods to them, but we are not quite. When age or sickness ends their enjoyment of life, the decision to end suffering is one we are ill-equipped to make, yet their trust makes it a duty we cannot decline. So we make the best choice we know how and remember them fondly. Rest in peace, Cutie.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
We adopt these friends and try to enrich and share their little lives, which are shorter than our own. We must seem like gods to them, but we are not quite. When age or sickness ends their enjoyment of life, the decision to end suffering is one we are ill-equipped to make, yet their trust makes it a duty we cannot decline. So we make the best choice we know how and remember them fondly. Rest in peace, Cutie.
Well said my friend...well said!

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Putting my almost 16 year old Golden Retriever down was the hardest thing I ever had to do in my life. Took me 3 years to get another dog after that but finally did and actually wish I had sooner. Nothing like a good dog.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We had to put our poor little boy down...such a sad day:cry: He was my daughter's 8th birthday present. He was so cute that my daughter named him Cutie. We'll see him on the other side. God Bless my friends!

View attachment 128713
I'm sorry man. My heart goes out to your family and to Cutie.

We just had to put down our beloved rescue also. He was in rough shape when we got him but we fixed him up and showed him what it meant to have a glorious retirement. I don't think he had ever been in a house before and didn't know what a dog treat was. He soon found a bed in every room an caught onto the treat jar quick.

Sad day. He got along with every dog he met, so maybe he and Cutie can sniff butts!

Dogs are better people than 99% of the people I have met. RIP. 20210425_192957.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread