5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with interior builds on Ram Rebels

Ajr

Reaction score
But that doesn't explain how it gets through final inspection.
That’s also what my service guy said at the dealer when I took it in he even went to look at lesser equiped and 60k+ Rebels to verify my console was incorrect and was stumped at how it got passed QC

Ajr

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that as I just purchased my truck and this would a bit disheartening. Fortunately it’s an easy solve

If they were working 24/7 last year and that’s the case don’t be surprised by small errors

Not sure when your truck was built but the production crew was working 24/7 through the summer last year as I understand it. If you’ve never worked in a factory you might find it hard to relate.

I worked in a factory once to earn some extra coin to pay for classes. Working a schedule like that will easily lead to errors like this. You might think the redundancy would make it easier and it does but if they are working nights, that’s a whole different issue

I ran a $25million dollar machine and people on my crew including myself would mess up the most basic stuff after about 3 days of no sleep on a 4 day week - and we weren’t building trucks but doing something a lot less complicated

In addition, having owned a lot of nice expensive cars - there’s always quality issues whether it’s a Mercedes BMW Land Rover Saab Volvo Toyota Nissan - you name it.

What’s worse is when a manufacturer knows about something that’s wrong and doesn’t correct it and this happens a lot!

My truck came in last week to the dealer. I checked all the usual things prior to signing but at some point you have to accept the risks which doesn’t mean quality issues aren’t important.

Love my rig but anticipate there will be a bug or two

Hope you have a good dealer and good luck!!
I’ve been In the car industry myself as well worked at a HONDA dealership which is #2 volume sales in the Nation were I did in my 5 years there New Car PDI, Used Car Dept inspections, remote lot attendant, Sales New & Used, and also Detail for Sold vehiclles as well as detail for customer concerns after purchases for scratches, trash imperfections in paint, and whatever the service dept threw at me

I gotta say they were a ton better with their QC only real complaint ever was how swirly, and some trash in the paint/ sandpaper marks left from assembly which I took care of. When I was in PDI at worst would be missing Floor mats, or super small stuff like engine top cover unclipped which would get a light smack back on when filling fluids, installing fuses, and correcting the tire pressures where we could get anywhere from 10-100 cars a day between 2 guys on a dealer that sold 800+ new a month
I myself got good at telling different trim levels apart from outside by looking at the mirrors, antenas, fog lights, sunroofs to tell which one it was and knew what to look for on the interior what it should and shouldn’t have I’m also scratching my head at my dealers PDI dept too which they could’ve caught but as has been said they too probably thought screw it I’ll live they (customer) can bring it back if it’s an issue

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Honda is definitely doing something no other car manufacturer in the world is doing as they are unquestionably the most reliable cars in the world.

Just to remind ourselves this thread is trying to understand how this happens not to excuse it - so I’m not defending RAM

Where I worked when it came to QC, out of 250,000 products we might check 10,000 to make sure everything was how it was designed to be

I don’t know about building cars and how that takes place but if it’s on a mass scale similar to what I did, if they don’t check every car but only one in every ten cars this can happen

It shouldn’t happen though.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
lol Jake that was funny. Don’t get me wrong, I looooovvve my RAM and there is a reason I don’t own a Honda :)

Thx for making me laugh

Reactions: Ajr

Users who are viewing this thread