5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with interior builds on Ram Rebels

Ajr

Reaction score
Hey guys looking to see how many of you have run into this issue like I have.
For some strange reason upon the research I have done and trucks I’ve seen I’ve noticed that Ram Rebels have a Ram head in the center console lid along with white/red stitching, red anodized along trim in the center console, and a matching faux gloss diamond plate trim on the rear of the console whereas as mine does not

For some odd reason the anodized trim along the sides of the center console are silver, the rear trim is a faux matte dark wood look, no Ram head on the lid and no white/red stitching just a plain leather console lid with white stitching. For reference MSRP is 59k so it wasn’t exactly the base model either help please

Ajr

Reaction score
These are attached pics I have found also showing different trim sorrounding the radio head unit, ones in gloss piano black other is matte black I will attach pictures of mine when I get a chance

Attachments

• 776F7E38-CA92-4F66-B713-22627735C415.jpeg
    776F7E38-CA92-4F66-B713-22627735C415.jpeg
    141.2 KB · Views: 151
  • C3060977-EBB9-4CE7-AA1D-5E1099DFD309.jpeg
    C3060977-EBB9-4CE7-AA1D-5E1099DFD309.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 148

19Jake

Reaction score
Rebels get a Ram head on the console lid along with white/red stitching, Radar red anodized trim along the center console & diamond plate trim on the back of the console.
RebelInter.jpg IMG_2811.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajr

20Rebel19

Reaction score
I believe you need to upgrade to the Uconnect 4C with Navigation and the 9 Alpine speakers to get the piano black finish.

Ajr

Reaction score
I believe you need to upgrade to the Uconnect 4C with Navigation and the 9 Alpine speakers to get the piano black finish.
Ok that’s good thanks for that info so in that case mine is correct with the piano black as mine has the Alpine, Blis, Pano roof and just about every option minus full leather 12in screen and air ride
However seems my center console is still off gonna have to take into dealer and find out has no Ram head on console lid and silver anodized trim along the center console not red as if the whole center console was from a Laramie or something

RebelMike

Reaction score
My rebel has the Uconnect 4c with nav, and it looks just like your second picture, with the piano black trim. I also looked at several others, and all had the red trim, and ram head on the console lid.

Ajr

Reaction score
B347A76F-789B-4B43-8922-1E7AEE1A0771.jpeg A273C422-3216-445F-B83B-8A3AF31B5CE2.jpeg 2E8EA12C-1112-486C-B6A2-4EDF180765BA.jpeg
Finally got around to Pictures of my truck so y’all can see what I mean RAM gotta step up that QC took it to the dealer and compared to the rest and it’s a BIG HORN console hopefully I’ll get a call in a week or less and get this fixed
Might even have em add the RAMCHARGER wireless phone pad while they’re at it

TimG

Reaction score
Looks like you got a custom gear selector knob, though lol

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's as bad as the miss-matched Limited leather and door panels. Geez, really makes you wonder how these mistakes even get installed... you'd have to literally be blind to know that is... no, sorry, even a blind person would know that's not a Rebel console because of the raised Rams head logo.

Crazy.

cipherbreak

Reaction score
That’s really bad. If they are missing the simple and easy to spot stuff, imagine what else they are missing.

Ajr

Reaction score
Looks like you got a custom gear selector knob, though lol
Yeah had to put a decal on it all silver was kind of an eyesore that was along with a 2tone flat black on the lower parts of the doors on the outside since I didn’t get the again factory fail mismatched gloss black lower doors combined with flat black flares and bumpers lmao

Ajr

Reaction score
That’s really bad. If they are missing the simple and easy to spot stuff, imagine what else they are missing.
I pray that’s the only thing that’s wrong in it..**** I’d hate to have to get them to buy it back since I’m loving the truck so far

Ajr

Reaction score
That's as bad as the miss-matched Limited leather and door panels. Geez, really makes you wonder how these mistakes even get installed... you'd have to literally be blind to know that is... no, sorry, even a blind person would know that's not a Rebel console because of the raised Rams head logo.

Crazy.
Yeah dude I mean it just all started with me noticing the wood in the rear a week after bringing it home thinking it looked a little ugly and I’ll paint it gloss later figured it was something left on there to cut costs then noticed the silver looked a little off and ugly too. eventually found out after a week or so it was wrong I mean truck was literally just broken in at 500 miles when I finally noticed whole thing was wrong haven’t even had this thing a month I seriously hope nothing else is wrong

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

This is going to sound crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these issues end up being traced back to one person on one shift.

Example: The drain-plugs on the roofs might have been an error that one absent-minded person on the assembly line made, every time they assembled it.

This might be another such situation of human error - parts bin empty, they were out, last truck on the shift, and the person assembling it said, "F**k it, we'll do it live!" and places one figuring, "if it's so bad they'll bring it back for recall."
Or, they swapped parts.

I'm going to guesstimate that the bigger/more important parts end up seeing the more experienced hands. The nick-nacks get handed down to the trainees, and the employees that have a talent for missing routine ground balls.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is going to sound crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these issues end up being traced back to one person on one shift.

Example: The drain-plugs on the roofs might have been an error that one absent-minded person on the assembly line made, every time they assembled it.

This might be another such situation of human error - parts bin empty, they were out, last truck on the shift, and the person assembling it said, "F**k it, we'll do it live!" and places one figuring, "if it's so bad they'll bring it back for recall."
Or, they swapped parts.

I'm going to guesstimate that the bigger/more important parts end up seeing the more experienced hands. The nick-nacks get handed down to the trainees, and the employees that have a talent for missing routine ground balls.
But that doesn't explain how it gets through final inspection.

ChadT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But that doesn't explain how it gets through final inspection.

It sure doesn't lord Vader,
But if we're following that train of thought on human error, "Not all inspectors are equal"

UglyIdealisticIriomotecat-size_restricted.gif

Again I wouldn't be surprised to learn some inspectors do their job, and some glance over a phonescreen and say, "looks great, keep up the good work."

Though, all our theories aside, I would be very interested to have the inside dirt on why these happen.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that as I just purchased my truck and this would a bit disheartening. Fortunately it’s an easy solve

If they were working 24/7 last year and that’s the case don’t be surprised by small errors

Not sure when your truck was built but the production crew was working 24/7 through the summer last year as I understand it. If you’ve never worked in a factory you might find it hard to relate.

I worked in a factory once to earn some extra coin to pay for classes. Working a schedule like that will easily lead to errors like this. You might think the redundancy would make it easier and it does but if they are working nights, that’s a whole different issue

I ran a $25million dollar machine and people on my crew including myself would mess up the most basic stuff after about 3 days of no sleep on a 4 day week - and we weren’t building trucks but doing something a lot less complicated

In addition, having owned a lot of nice expensive cars - there’s always quality issues whether it’s a Mercedes BMW Land Rover Saab Volvo Toyota Nissan - you name it.

What’s worse is when a manufacturer knows about something that’s wrong and doesn’t correct it and this happens a lot!

My truck came in last week to the dealer. I checked all the usual things prior to signing but at some point you have to accept the risks which doesn’t mean quality issues aren’t important.

Love my rig but anticipate there will be a bug or two

Hope you have a good dealer and good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread