5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isntall Active Air Dam on 1500 Limited

Tbranella

Reaction score
A friend gave me his active air dam because he's installing a snow plow on his 2019 1500 Larimie.

I have a 2019 1500 Limited with air suspension and I want to wire up the active air dam to work like factory.
I have AlfaOBD so I can activate it on the computer.

I just need to know where in the BCM it gets wired. basically I Just need the schematic for the wiring. :)

Last edited:

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you checked to make sure you don't have it already? I thought they all did?

e55amg2

Reaction score
A friend gave me his active air dam because he's installing a snow plow on his 2019 1500 Larimie.

I have a 2019 1500 Limited with air suspension and I want to wire up the active air dam to work like factory.
I have AlfaOBD so I can activate it on the computer.

I just need to know where in the BCM it gets wired. basically I Just need the schematic for the wiring. :)
It's already there, or should be. I have a 19 ram limited, and it has one.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The air suspension ones don't get it as it would sit too low when it goes into aero mode.

StringNH

Reaction score
Dont know about 2019 but my 2021 Limited has air suspension and the active air dam. I know that some came with active air dam delete, might be due to off road group, just a guess.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 2020 has both. The air dam deploys (supposedly) at lower MPH than my Aero mode works at. When it comes time for aero mode, the air dam pulls up.

I have never verified the air dam actually deploys, but I have been down there in that area of the truck multiple times; it is indeed there.

I echo others' concerns, I would check to see if you already have it. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Tbranella

Reaction score
Of course It's not there already, or else I wouldn't be on here asking for the wiring diagram.. LOL

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
according to the wire harness on Connectors.dcctools, active air dam wires up to the PCM not BCM. Couldn’t find any active air dam parameters in BCM/Alfa. I removed mine and was looking to disable it. Alls I come to with is deleted the C0406 and U0645 SES codes from PCM in hptuners. Think you might need a different PCM operating system. Hptuners doesn’t show any options to enable / disable etc either, so not mapped.
What PCM part number do you have ? Curious to compare the OS to mine.
mines 5.7 non-e torque

Tbranella

Reaction score
I saw an option for it in AlfaOBD.
not sure what PCM part number I have.

looking on Connectors.dcctools, is it the "MODULE-ACTIVE AERODYNAMIC SYSTEM 1" connector?
I'd really like to see the wiring diagram.

Thanks!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I saw an option for it in AlfaOBD.
not sure what PCM part number I have.

looking on Connectors.dcctools, is it the "MODULE-ACTIVE AERODYNAMIC SYSTEM 1" connector?
I'd really like to see the wiring diagram.

Thanks!

Yes, that’s the connector. Here’s the schematic. Since it it run off LIN Bus, It’ll be configured in the BCM. This is most likely the setting:
Powertrain: Active Air Dam Present- YES

Tbranella

Reaction score
Yes, that’s the connector. Here’s the schematic. Since it it run off LIN Bus, It’ll be configured in the BCM. This is most likely the setting:
Powertrain: Active Air Dam Present- YES
Thanks!

ok, so aside from power and ground, I just need to connect it to the LIN bus?
isn't there a connector block inside the truck under the dash on the drivers side for that? (or is that the CAN bus?)

Just trying to figure out what connectors I need to make this work.

Thanks!

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks!

ok, so aside from power and ground, I just need to connect it to the LIN bus?
isn't there a connector block inside the truck under the dash on the drivers side for that? (or is that the CAN bus?)

Just trying to figure out what connectors I need to make this work.

Thanks!
You would tap into the linbus wire from the active grille shutters. Actually, according to the splice point in the diagram, if you have active grille shutter, the connector for the air dam *should* be present somewhere.

Tbranella

Reaction score
I looked at my friends truck that the active air dam came off of, and there is no connector on my harness where his connector is located.
and I do have the active grill shutter.

do you have the splice point diagram?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can see the splices in the diagram I posted above. Either way, air dam uses the exact same circuits as the active grille shutter, so just splice those right at the active grille shutter connector.

Users who are viewing this thread