5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is your Dealership tracking your truck without your knowledge?

mmcbeat

Reaction score
Mine actually had a little flashing button on the panel under the steering wheel. With one of the super deluxe monitored plans you could supposedly press the button and get roadside assistance or some such nonsense.

Mr. Grumpy

Reaction score
Thanks to this post I removed my dealer installed Mopar GPS tracker. I opened it and removed the SIM card and disconnected the battery.

HandyCruiser

Reaction score
Rammit, This is part of the UConnect system. I am still receiving them on the truck I traded as well as the new one.

Yep. We've been getting these reports on our last several Mopar vehicles. The UConnect system definitely sends telemetry back to FCA or whatever their name is this week.

MrTaz

Reaction score
Huh... ever wonder why those oil change coupons arrive in the mail at “just” the right time?
That's an easy one. The Ram App that sends you monthly updates on your system knows everything it needs to know as far as your maintenance needs.

Users who are viewing this thread