5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this what the ambient lighting is supposed to look like?

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How do you make the dimming work? My screen and gauges don't dim at night, I have to manually adjust the dial. I assumed there must be a way to do it but no amount of twiddling with either dial has found the right combination yet.

It's all manual. Very simple on RAM's part.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The whole design of this is sub par. When you have the ambient light dial "enabled" at night the gauges and screen dim which is easy on the eyes BUT the problem is when the headlights are on during rain or even at dawn then you can't see the gauges or screen. I never had this issue with Ford because the lighting had nothing to do with the cluster or infotainment screen.
Wholeheartedly agreee. What a PIA every time it rains and the skies are dark. Can barely see the cluster, so end up turning it to “torch mode” to be able to see it.

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
Wholeheartedly agreee. What a PIA every time it rains and the skies are dark. Can barely see the cluster, so end up turning it to “torch mode” to be able to see it.
Agreed. This can't be intentional. I've owned 3 other FCA vehicles in the last 3 years and none of them behaved like this (all had ambient lighting). The truck should be using the light sensor to determine it is not dark out and keep the gauges bright when the wipers/lights turn on during the day. I'm hoping this gets fixed in a software update because this is a big step backwards in functionality.

St-na

Reaction score
So old thread, but no any improvements from FCA. So annoying when I go under the bridge to have cluster and monitor dimmed and it takes some time before I can see my navigation again. So stupid! I never had this issue with my 4th generation RAM.

Users who are viewing this thread