5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this lump normal?-under my factory spray in bed liner

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was admiring my truck and noticed that there appears to be something under the bed liner that was sprayed over. It looks like some rubber plug maybe if it is supposed to be there. If not, the tech who applied it just sprayed over some bit of junk. If it is part of the bed, what it is?

IMG_2106.jpg

I also noticed they must have rotated some of the bumpers for the tailgate out of the way when spraying the liner and did not rotate back. Must have been busy that day.

IMG_2105.JPG

At least they got the left side right.
IMG_2102.JPG

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bump under the bedliner is normal, should be one on the other side aswell. I’d also fix both bumpers on the one side of the tailgate to avoid it hitting something it shouldn’t.

Those bumpers would have had to come off when the truck was sent out for bedliner, person who was working that side must have been having a rough day.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was admiring my truck and noticed that there appears to be something under the bed liner that was sprayed over. It looks like some rubber plug maybe if it is supposed to be there. If not, the tech who applied it just sprayed over some bit of junk. If it is part of the bed, what it is?

View attachment 127553

I also noticed they must have rotated some of the bumpers for the tailgate out of the way when spraying the liner and did not rotate back. Must have been busy that day.

View attachment 127554

At least they got the left side right.
View attachment 127556
I’ve got that little bump too, just on that one side.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep...did some autotrader searching and found this photo of a white truck with no bedliner. Makes seeing the plugs a lot easier.

51e99ff6fc064e9091ea661aea0d49ca.jpeg

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Nice video in that article

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hole plug. 6'4" bed has two, front and rear left side.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I would think so, but based on the RAM accessory video, where they show at the factory what is done when the truck is ordered with bedliner, hood decals, etc., it shows people taping off the bed, hand sanding the paint and then hand spraying.
The video actually shows the bed liner being sprayed on by a robot. They just wipe down the paint.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh gotcha, that's what I get for watching it on my phone. That would make sense at the factory level.

Found the video at the exact point they begin prep...

Like hood on the Rebel they show towards the end of the video with the ram bar.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Probably. Mine has two. Don't know what they're for.
I wonder if it has something to do with access to the fuel tank, like maybe bolts or connectors that are on top?

Users who are viewing this thread