5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this Brake Pedal Sound Normal?

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have this brake pedal sound for a while, I don't know how to describe it, maybe a slight squeak while initially pressing the brake pedal, almost like a piston sound.

It's probably been there a while & I just never noticed it, I'm wondering if it just needs lube at a pivot point or something?

Attached a video with the engine on first and then the engine off.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Sounds like air in the line or something.
I wouldn't worry about it, probably work it's way out as long as the pedal feels right.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have this brake pedal sound for a while, I don't know how to describe it, maybe a slight squeak while initially pressing the brake pedal, almost like a piston sound.

It's probably been there a while & I just never noticed it, I'm wondering if it just needs lube at a pivot point or something?

Attached a video with the engine on first and then the engine off.

Sounds just like my pedal.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it, probably work it's way out as long as the pedal feels right.
Appreciate the input, yeah it feels perfect, just that weird initial sound, but again it could have been there since I bought the truck and only now it's sticking to my mind.

SD Rebel

Reaction score

Mine sounds similar. I don’t notice it with the radio on. Was thinking there may be something to lube, but never looked into it

Thanks, makes me feel better. I actually turned off my radio on a recent long drive in the mountains and really started to notice it since I was on the brakes a lot, I'll mention it to the dealership when I get my delaminating center screen looked at just in case.

Users who are viewing this thread