5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a good deal?

Jessevb52

Reaction score
I've never owned a truck and I'm kind of diving in head first here. I've been looking around for a few weeks and gotten a handful of offers. Today I was offered $51,200 for the truck in the link below. This amount includes all taxes and fees. However it is a demo with 800 miles on it. Is this a good deal?

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Laramie stickered 55.6k and I was OTD at 48.7k. and it was literally brand new...with 800 miles I wouldn't pay that.
Also be wary of if they've "sold" the truck and the warranty clock has been started or not.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jessevb52

Reaction score
My Laramie stickered 55.6k and I was OTD at 48.7k. and it was literally brand new...with 800 miles I wouldn't pay that.
Also be wary of if they've "sold" the truck and the warranty clock has been started or not.

Ah ok, and what year is your truck if you don't mind me asking? Does it have a similar equipment package as the one I listed?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I suck as to telling folks what’s a good deal. My thought is you really would need to compare apples to apples. Location has a lot to do with it also. For example when I went out of State for my first vehicle it was a lot cheaper then the same exact one they tried to sell me in NJ.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've never owned a truck and I'm kind of diving in head first here. I've been looking around for a few weeks and gotten a handful of offers. Today I was offered $51,200 for the truck in the link below. This amount includes all taxes and fees. However it is a demo with 800 miles on it. Is this a good deal?

Is this a joke? They offered you a price of $51,200, and the price in the link you posted is $48,700? $51k is close to the MSRP of that Laramie. It doesn't appear to have many options. My 2020 Laramie had an MSRP of $59k, and I ended up getting it for $49k last October. Right after the 2020's came out, and I didn't have much bargaining power. I've heard that dealers are starting to be less and less flexible on their pricing. This is not a good deal IMO.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah ok, and what year is your truck if you don't mind me asking? Does it have a similar equipment package as the one I listed?
Mines a 19, bought in August last year.
It's pretty close, mine has the bench, 3.92's, 6' bed. No side steps or wheel liners.
Prices on options change year to year slightly.
Also, what financing are you doing? Because the 0% that they're offering can't be used with other incentives

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
Not a good deal. My truck, exactly like that one but black, stickered for $54,995, I got it OTD under $43K. I’d walk away.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, not a good deal at all. Every RAM I’ve bought over the past 16 years I’ve been able to get at least $10k off MSRP.

Also, I would never buy a demo vehicle because IMO its a vehicle that the dealership staff beats on.

STOKED

Reaction score
Nope. Mine stickered for $56K, out the door for $41K (not including a trade-in). It's a 2020, had 4 miles on it and very similar to the one you listed, except it's black on black.

Gunny1213

Reaction score
They do not appear to be dealing honestly with you. I just purchased my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab 4X4 sport package with plenty of extras and the sticker price was 59000. I signed my deal for $50,100.00 out the door, Taxes, title exc. in the beginning on April 6 2020 and the truck only had 23 miles on it. from other people test driving the vehicle. I hope all this information helps you out but in the end your the one that needs to be happy with it. Good luck and enjoy.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
They do not appear to be dealing honestly with you. I just purchased my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie crew cab 4X4 sport package with plenty of extras and the sticker price was 59000. I signed my deal for $50,100.00 out the door, Taxes, title exc. in the beginning on April 6 2020 and the truck only had 23 miles on it. from other people test driving the vehicle. I hope all this information helps you out but in the end your the one that needs to be happy with it. Good luck and enjoy.

What was your truck price without taxes title exc?

I’m looking at similar prices Laramies now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gunny1213

Reaction score
The selling price was 46000 and all the taxes , title exc. ended up with 50,100.00 and I was happy with it. that was 13000 below sticker price for the sale.

Ram4141

Reaction score
I purchased my 19' Laramie September of last year. Sticker was 59400 and I got it for right around 43k before taxes and tags. Out the door at 47600.00. No trade in. I sold my previous truck outright to someone else. From what I have seen on here, I think I got a smoking deal.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I guess the opinion here on your deal is not a good deal. I personaly wouldn't buy a Demo, but that is me. I would demand that the dealer throw in a FCA full extended warranty, and the factory warranty would start the day of purchase. That should cover any issues of abuse, if it raises it's ugly head. Good luck.

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
Mines a 19, bought in August last year.
It's pretty close, mine has the bench, 3.92's, 6' bed. No side steps or wheel liners.
Prices on options change year to year slightly.
Also, what financing are you doing? Because the 0% that they're offering can't be used with other incentives

I would check that. Right now the 0% is being combined with a bunch of offers.

I would hold on that deal and keep looking. I got a Limited MSRP $68k and out the door at $57 with 0% for 72mo. This was 3 days ago

ktl5005

Reaction score
I would check that. Right now the 0% is being combined with a bunch of offers.

I would hold on that deal and keep looking. I got a Limited MSRP $68k and out the door at $57 with 0% for 72mo. This was 3 days ago

0% nukes any incentives from FCA

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Guess I got lucky then since I got em all combined and 0%

Love to know your break out so what incentives? How much was dealer discount? It isn’t luck as they can’t combine incentives with stand-alone apr offers (0% for 72 or 0.9% for 84).

Users who are viewing this thread