5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there anything that you “ regret “ adding to your Ram ?

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Whether it was at the time of build / purchase / or aftermarket? I know we all love our Ram but just like with family there may be something we have that we regret. This isn’t a bash the truck question, but more so to help others make a conscious decision with their future add on. For me it was I added black badges to my hood, and then turned around and purchased / installed a Sport hood lol.

Tow Package.

Bleda2002

Reaction score
I'll second the tow package, really not a fan of the Tow Mirrors, but this had everything else I wanted and was the only one that had it all in the color I wanted within 150 miles.

EStein

Reaction score
Nav system for sure. I especially like when it says “Nebraska” for N.E.!
Haha! And ditto the weather warnings. Prefer Google maps on my phone.
Took off the running boards. Waiting for something more rugged like White Knuckle.
Oh and Tow Package... Really? Non heated mirrors? (I won’t start...)

Bought mine off the lot. On sale. Wish I hadn’t been so hasty and just ordered a custom truck to my liking but I couldn’t wait! That being said, I love my truck and have no regrets really!

BIGRED.0220

Reaction score
I kind of wish I got the sunroof and 4x4 but I am happy with my Laramie.

Attachments

• thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 41

djwdjw

Reaction score
Maybe not an add-on but I find my lane sense mostly annoying and turn it off most of the time. It works fine and is doing what it is supposed to do, I just don't like the feeling of wheel getting jerked (fwiw, I know why it is doing it). If it was a tone only, I'd probably have it on.

Highlander_1

Reaction score
My last ram 2016 limited was ordering trailer pk, this 2019 Limited I ordered electric brake controller & hitch to get per folding mirror that I wanted before but didn’t read the trailer pkg description well enough.

foolsh1

Reaction score
So far My only regret! The Color, "BLACK EDITION", before anybody gets upset about that, I think the truck looks awesome (when CLEAN), problem is keeping it clean! My last car was black, and I promised myself never a black car again! Then I saw my truck and I forgot my promise! o_O
The last thing about the black color, the sport hood, because it is black, the 2 black vents sort of blend in and are not as pronounced.
Oh and I wish I got the limited slip or E-locker option.
Other than that I love the truck!

Truckin

Reaction score
What is the problem with power steps, why don’t you like them?

I prefer something that sits higher/tighter to the body and offers a little protection from car door dings. Also, sometimes where I park at my office (showroom) there are landscape rocks close to the curb that would be in the way of the passenger side deploying.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
....navigation set up. Not really Navi itself but some reason I can’t get past not having theme option. Lol, not sure why that bothers me some much. Maybe just what I payed for truck or guess I’m weird like that.

That is too funny. I also miss my "theming option" every single time i look at the radio, (we might be the ONLY 2 ppl even noticing that...lol) i hate the RED color, plus the screen looks like it has a little less items on it and a drop less resolution than my '18....

As much Ram 2019 research i did, did NOT know asides from losing theme option, didn't know 4C without NAV would give me a watered down experience and NO ability to remotely do anything with the truck....Wish salesman were more informed and could point this out (especially to ppl familiar with Sirius BEFORE they split into Guardian... instead of saying, "now with Apple Car play, NAV is unnecessary... Might be true with the way SOME Mfg implement Car Play, but Sirius uses TWO separate units, so IF you don't have a radio equipped with Nav/SOS button, you cannot remotely do ANYTHING...
Wish i had known that, take heed fellow buyers : )

BUT reading that other post about the "popups" reminded me about those popups... didn't know NAV was the cause of them. In my 2018 Sport with Nav (and themes - sniff : ) i got air advisory warnings a hundred times a day from time zones i wasn't even in. I must've called Sirius a dozen times, reset a dozen diff features but NOTHING shut them off. IF they woulda told me its my "free subscription causing it" i would've plunked down for a PAID one immediately, as those pop ups nearly drove me insane!

How in the world does their Software Design Team not recognize how intrusive they are??!! If you ask me, they are prolly losing money, those popups understandably make people think, "i am NOT paying for this service ONCE ended, who needs these stupid popups that cannot be turned off? You honestly cannot enjoy anything on that radio for longer than 5 min without interruption...At least run a banner or something that says "advisory warnings settings control ONLY included with a Paid Subscription..." well, that's what i would do if i was over there...lol

Oh and i might regret a teeny tiny bit that my truck didn't have the LED lighting option. I was willing to NOT have it because my Black Appearance model WITH Level 2 AND Alpine was the only one around for hundreds of miles, many Level 1's but no Level 2's & i wasn't even willing to consider Level 1 just to get the LED's.... Plus since we got the LED's on hubby's work truck, he said he can "swap 'em out" but not sure if that is possible... Dealer says "NO" but that's what they always say about everything....lol 20181223_145300.jpg

Last edited:

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
hello...test drive! :cautious:
hello! test drove them all, from Laramie, limited, Lonestar 4x4, and even one the dealership had added a 4inch lift to... from an appearance point i only thought i'd be giving up a "glossy" frame, which i hate anyway....Never thought to "play with a radio" that i had on my previous 8 rams! That's on me, but there are many of us out there that also were caught unawares once the ink was dry on the contract so that's why i mention it for other ppl who are shopping and might not know... I love every single thing about the truck, but if i had to search the deepest corners of my mind, THOSE would be the 2 things : )

Last edited:

cjmst23

Reaction score
I regret buying the painted mirror caps because I'm 0/2 on asking dealers to install them and too many horror stories about cracked mirrors to attempt it myself. Keeps me up at night knowing that 40 feet from me is a way of getting rid of the "I bought them at pepboys" looking chrome mirror caps. I'll give it a try in summer when it's warm and the glass is slightly flexible.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
try a 12" before ya trade #9 later this year :rolleyes:
LED's are a no brainer unless ya don't drive @night

lol that's funny : ) I must be the only one, but i didn't much like the 12 inch, kinda felt like overkill in portrait orientation...bottom portion felt like too much of a stretch to use....... NOW if it had been in LANDSCAPE like Tesla Model 3, i'd prolly of jumped on it :) :) :) And i don't ever drive at night (or dusk : ) so it was easy to pass on them to get the truck that otherwise had everything else i wanted BUT in pictures the LED headlights just look nicer, and i take a million shots of my truck at every angle daily...she's like, "what's the matter w/ u girl?! i haven't changed from yesterday's photoshoot!" lol

Last edited:

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Matching front window tint. It looks great with the rear factory tint but it severely reduces my driving visability at night.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Matching front window tint. It looks great with the rear factory tint but it severely reduces my driving visability at night.

That ones gets me a little too. Reversing at night makes you double check yourself and I’ve created the habit of putting the windows down in those situations. I do like the look of it though so I live with it.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ thanks peeps for sharing good to know. I’ll just go with the 20-25% state max.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve already contacted my shop and am going to have mine removed as I’m getting tired of guessing when I’m backing up with this POOR reverse lighting lol..

Users who are viewing this thread