5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there anything that you “ regret “ adding to your Ram ?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Whether it was at the time of build / purchase / or aftermarket? I know we all love our Ram but just like with family there may be something we have that we regret. This isn’t a bash the truck question, but more so to help others make a conscious decision with their future add on. For me it was I added black badges to my hood, and then turned around and purchased / installed a Sport hood lol.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Side steps. It was a must have for me on a new truck purchase simply because I didn’t want to have to order and install them as I’ve done on several prior trucks.

They lasted about a month. Lol. I replaced them with different steps that I felt looked more in place with the styling of the truck so it was a wasted money option in the end.

I did at least have some foresight on the wheels, making sure I got the least expensive wheels available as I knew I’d be replacing them aftermarket.

Truckin

Reaction score
I wanted the HK system and blind spot monitoring on my Longhorn order...Only way to get them was to get a package that had items I did not want, such as power steps (these will come off day one) Outside of that, I checked every option box I wanted and have no regrets. Now, just have to wait till it arrives...

However, on the 'wish list' would be an option for a 6.2 SC-560 HP version would be just fine!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
wish I payed attention to tank size and storage compartments under rear seats, should I say lack there of.:mad:

navigation set up. Not really Navi itself but some reason I can’t get past not having theme option. Lol, not sure why that bothers me some much. Maybe just what I payed for truck or guess I’m weird like that.

Last edited:

geotex1

Reaction score
Chrome appearance group. I bought my truck off the lot after searching a wide radius. None were exactly as I wanted, but the one I chose checked the most boxes. I'm in the process of putting the chrome to body-match proportions to my liking.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For me, although it isn’t major, would be the lift. There is nothing wrong with my RC lift and it drives and handles great, and I do want the truck to be lifted, however, like with most other lifts, the front is raised much higher than the rear for the leveling effect. For example, I have the 3 1/2” lift which is 3 1/2” in the front but only a 1” block for the rear. It was ok at first but as time goes by I realize I would like more rake to the truck. I have purchased a Southern Truck Lift which consists of two 2 1/2” front strut spacers(which I do not need) and two 2 1/2” blocks for the rear coils. Hoping to swap out the 1” RC lift blocks for the 2 1/2” Southern Truck Lift blocks. So basically hoping to go from my current lift which technically has a ‘built in’ 2 1/2” level to only a 1” level. Haven’t received them yet so hope it works!

Last edited:

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Chrome, not a fan but I'm not too worried about it because It'd be easy for me to change that. The requirements to my sales guy were- laramie crew cab, 4x4, harmon kardon, pano roof and the 20" wheels. Everything else I could easily add myself.

Last edited:

RodRow

Reaction score
So far, only the 8.4 Nav and only because the weather pop ups drive me nuts. When it’s windy or cold, or almost everything else, stupid Sirius feels I must be notified repeatedly. This option just happened to be on the truck I wanted.

This becomes hazardous as, when I’m trying to navigate to an address, I must keep clicking the “OK” or “X” to close the pop-up so I can see my map again!

This can only be disabled if I cancel my free 1 year Sirius trial...then I must immediately start paying for my music channels.

Only 11 more months of this frustration and I’ll be happy with everything!

Drewsky510

Reaction score
For me, although it isn’t major, would be the lift. There is nothing wrong with my RC lift and it drives and handles great, and I do want the truck to be lifted, however, like with most other lifts, the front is raised much higher than the rear for the leveling effect. For example, I have the 3 1/2” lift which is 3 1/2” in the front but only a 1” block for the rear. It was ok at first but as time goes by I realize I would like more rake to the truck. I have purchased a Southern Truck Lift which consists of two 2 1/2” front strut spacers(which I do not need) and two 2 1/2” blocks for the rear coils. Hoping to swap out the 1” RC lift blocks for the 2 1/2” Southern Truck Lift blocks. So basically hoping to go from my current lift which technically has a ‘built in’ 2 1/2” level to only a 1” level. Haven’t received them yet so hope it works!
Please share once you get installed! Hope it works out well for you.

Ramlax

Reaction score
For me... my ram payment. Don’t get me wrong. I really love my truck. Just don’t like my payment. By summer, I’m gonna refinance.
What are your payments? Did you lease or finance?

DeanKing

Reaction score
So far, only the 8.4 Nav and only because the weather pop ups drive me nuts. When it’s windy or cold, or almost everything else, stupid Sirius feels I must be notified repeatedly. This option just happened to be on the truck I wanted.

This becomes hazardous as, when I’m trying to navigate to an address, I must keep clicking the “OK” or “X” to close the pop-up so I can see my map again!

This can only be disabled if I cancel my free 1 year Sirius trial...then I must immediately start paying for my music channels.

Only 11 more months of this frustration and I’ll be happy with everything!
I second that. The weather it shows is so far away from me it might as well be on another planet. Why should I care that it is windy 100 miles away? Stupidest most annoying feature ever. I too have had it pop up at the worst possible times. I would also add the built in nav to the list. Compared to CarPlay Google Maps, it is useless even if it is twice the screen size.

ortvk

Reaction score
I'd have to say moon/sunroof. Only option my rebel didn't come with that I wanted. But I was already flipping a 2016 Colorado into the rebel so couldn't justify all that extra cost. Next Ram truck maybe? ;)

Macinsac

Reaction score
I wanted the HK system and blind spot monitoring on my Longhorn order...Only way to get them was to get a package that had items I did not want, such as power steps (these will come off day one) Outside of that, I checked every option box I wanted and have no regrets. Now, just have to wait till it arrives...

However, on the 'wish list' would be an option for a 6.2 SC-560 HP version would be just fine!

I also have a Ram on order. I would be very interested in buying your power steps when you remove them. Where are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread