5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is there an Interior light fuse(s) box?

YngwieL

Reaction score
Good Morning,

I purchased a 2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Rebel yesterday, and when i decided to take it out late lastnight to check out the lighting, I notices that the only lights that work on the interior, are the lights on the dash itself, and the dome lights when i push the on / off button. the radio screen itself worked, and the temp knob worked as far as pushing it, and seeing an amber light. other then that, nothing else works at all on the center console, nothing to the left or righto f the steering wheel. or the high beams (if u push the turn signal handle forward).. I am assuming maybe fuses are the issue, and was wondering if their is an interior fuse box, or is all this in the fort Knox fuse box that's under the hood? I purchased it during the day, so i didnt even pay attention to the interior console lights.. or high beams. truck only had 14k miles on it, so I would've never thought this would be an issue. any help would be greatly appropriated..

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
First check the rheostat. It's super common that it gets pushed all the way down when someone is detailing the dash.

And in answer, yes, there is an interior fuse box. You need to remove the bolster to access it. Use the search box. I know there's an image of it somewhere that IDs all the fuses. Then you can match what you're seeing with the numbers in the owner's manual.

YngwieL

Reaction score
Thanks guys, evidently when they were detailing the truck, there is a button between the 2 front seat dome lights, and i guess that was switched to off.. evidently that turns off the "unnecessary" dash / console lights.. didn't know that was a thing or why it would be. but its all good now... walked away like an idiot from the dealer lol

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks guys, evidently when they were detailing the truck, there is a button between the 2 front seat dome lights, and i guess that was switched to off.. evidently that turns off the "unnecessary" dash / console lights.. didn't know that was a thing or why it would be. but its all good now... walked away like an idiot from the dealer lol

Hi @YngwieL - If you are in need of any additional support down the road, our team is always a private message away.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread