5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a sport mode?

Katoom

Reaction score
So I've got a 2020 Rebel Eco Diesel and I'm just wondering if there is some secret way to enable sport mode on this truck. I've read it's "supposed" to have sport mode as an option but for the life of me I can't find a button or dial to turn it on with?

I don’t think so. However, even if it did, it’d be more of a gimmick; make the gas pedal a bit more sensitive, maybe hold one gear lower, and stiffen up the steering a touch.

I'm just looking for something to reduce the turbo lag a bit as it's quite annoying and I don't want to spend $1000 on a tuner to do it...

The Eco diesel engine wasn’t made for sport. It was made for smoothness and fuel efficiency. A tune is pretty much the only way you’re gonna get rid of that turbo lag. The stock tune setup is hampered by government emissions requirements, sport or no.

Figures but it's odd to do a google search for RAM Rebel EcoDiesel Sport mode and find responses that state it exists..

Tow Haul mode is essentially a Sport Mode except without the accelerator exponential ratio being changed. Which honestly is a big part of the "sport" in sport mode.

Hence the reason people get pedal controllers.

Hmmmm, yea I can't tell any difference between standard mode and tow/haul mode, the lag is still very much present.

Hmmmm, yea I can't tell any difference between standard mode and tow/haul mode, the lag is still very much present.

That's because tow/haul only effects how the transmission responds, holding shifts longer when upshifting and downshifting sooner, also holding a lower gear when braking, including not upshifting until you press the throttle again.

The part of the "Sport Mode" you want is the throttle expo ratio adjustment, which tow/haul doesn't have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back