5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is There a Great Looking Wheel Under the Chrome Clad?

Chipman

Reaction score
These are my wheels. I don’t really like them and wonder what they would look like without the inserts. Any opinions. I think they are glued in.

Attachments

• 3B64336A-3555-454E-8977-8DF44F61DF1B.jpeg
    3B64336A-3555-454E-8977-8DF44F61DF1B.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 158

Dr. Jim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe I saw where someone on this forum painted the inserts black.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw one with the plastic overlay removed. I thought it was pretty darn ugly, but that's a subjective thing. Poke around in the Ram sites. Someone removed them from their 4th gen and had pictures.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Silver Billet Laramie, Quad Cab, 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, 18 inch wheels. Build date: 17 April 2018. Now at 019024 miles.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Well, if they look anything like Silver64's rims he took off the black clad and took the rims with his truck to another level!!!

From this rim:

Silver64 truck:

I want them!!! Unfortunately through RAM they only come in 22's. I have since found out they look like the GMC Snowflake rims.

I am definitely curious what your rims look like with the clad removed!!!!!

George Bednar

Reaction score
Well, if they look anything like Silver64's rims he took off the black clad and took the rims with his truck to another level!!!

From this rim:
View attachment 32418

Silver64 truck:
View attachment 32417

I want them!!! Unfortunately through RAM they only come in 22's. I have since found out they look like the GMC Snowflake rims.

How did he remove them? I havea set and I think these look much better

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In my opinion, these are the worst looking wheels on the 2019s (Limited 22s are a close second) with or wothout the inserts. The pictures do it no justice, they're even uglier in person.

cra1g

Reaction score

From this rim:
View attachment 32418

Silver64 truck:
View attachment 32417

Those aren't the same wheel. I'm pretty sure the wheels on that truck actually are GMC snowflake wheels. On the Ram wheels, the big openings are between the lugs, but on the GMC wheels, the big openings contain the lugs. Also, although I don't know what the Ram wheels look like under the plastic bits, the plastic either sits on a wide spoke, or between two skinny spokes. Either way, removing the plastic isn't going to leave a single skinny spoke underneath it.

Last edited:

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score

From this rim:
View attachment 32418

Silver64 truck:
View attachment 32417

these look a lot like these:https://www.discountedwheelwarehous...+Horn+4WD+&vid=81566&t=H&partno=V1182-295824C

swarggs

Reaction score

From this rim:
View attachment 32418

Silver64 truck:
View attachment 32417

These are GMC replica 22's, not OEM Ram wheels.

Yes they are. When i went to look at wheels it seems the trend is black, black & more black and I wanted chrome because i thought it went better with the billet silver paint. Since the 6 lugs are so new there wasn't really that much out there and the GM wheels fit the hubs perfectly.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Those aren't the same wheel. I'm pretty sure the wheels on that truck actually are GMC snowflake wheels. On the Ram wheels, the big openings are between the lugs, but on the GMC wheels, the big openings contain the lugs. Also, although I don't know what the Ram wheels look like under the plastic bits, the plastic either sits on a wide spoke, or between two skinny spokes. Either way, removing the plastic isn't going to leave a single skinny spoke underneath it.
Just to clarify, there is no plastic on these wheels. It's chromed metal of some sort. Definitely not plastic though. I don't see how you could remove the inserts without damaging the wheels. But if someone wants to try I won't stop them. I'm curious as well.

21TRX

Reaction score
:poop: DT glued on plastic cover below :poop:
Ram's offered this junk since 2003...exposed edge is corrosion prone
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online