5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the standard gas tank on the eTorque Hemi 23 gallons or 26?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My build sheet says 26 gallon
It seems to vary by year, model, engine. As soon as some things are selected, the standard tank changes. Going to the build and price, one of the standards went from 26 to 32, by changing 4wd to 2wd. 32 isn't even an option with 4wd.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It seems to vary by year, model, engine. As soon as some things are selected, the standard tank changes. Going to the build and price, one of the standards went from 26 to 32, by changing 4wd to 2wd. 32 isn't even an option with 4wd.
32 gallons isn't an option no matter what you order on a 5th gen. It's 23, 26, or 33. 32 gallons was an option on 4th gens.

6of36

Reaction score
32 gallons isn't an option no matter what you order on a 5th gen. It's 23, 26, or 33. 32 gallons was an option on 4th gens.
According to the build and price, if you build a 2wd I think it was limited and maybe long bed, I don't remember, it says 32. I'm just stating what Ram lists.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
According to the build and price, if you build a 2wd I think it was limited and maybe long bed, I don't remember, it says 32. I'm just stating what Ram lists.
I'm not seeing that. The only fuel tank size option for any 5th gen 1500 Limited (2wd, 4wd, short bed, long bed) is 33 gallon since the 26 gallon tank is standard for that model. The ramtrucks.com website is definitely prone to errors though. Maybe it listed that for a time, but if so it's fixed now.

6of36

Reaction score
Model Comparison. Not that it's right.

Attachments

• Fuel Tank.png
    Fuel Tank.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 24

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last one I had was 2019 Laramie I ordered it with a 33 gallon tank it came standard with 26. Same with this 2023 Laramie Sport it came standard with 26 but I took the optional 33 gallon tank. Love not having to fill up until I'm ready....some times I will wait longer if on week ends to fill for price drops in early weeks where I could wait to fill. I also would be one who hates to run much below 1/4 tank before filling up so I can keep all dirt in the bottom of the tank.

RBJ

Reaction score
I have a 2021 RAM 1500 Longhorn Limited bought off the lot and it included the 33 gallon fuel tank as an option, copied and pasted from window sticker:

33–Gallon Fuel Tank $445

mtjag

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Limited 4wd, 5.7 bed came with the 26 gal tank. I use this truck as a tow vehicle and was thinking of swapping out the 26 gallon tank for the 33 gallon tank. Does anyone on here know where to find the 33 gallon tank and about how much it would cost to do the swap and if it would fit?

6of36

Reaction score
My 2019 Ram Limited 4wd, 5.7 bed came with the 26 gal tank. I use this truck as a tow vehicle and was thinking of swapping out the 26 gallon tank for the 33 gallon tank. Does anyone on here know where to find the 33 gallon tank and about how much it would cost to do the swap and if it would fit?
I would suggest a junkyard. The option is $445, so the parts would undoubtedly cost more. I imagine it takes a different sending unit and tank straps, besides the tank itself.

Ellisstrong

Reaction score
It has been done by people on here I’m pretty sure there is a post about it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
There are threads with this information. I priced out the parts a couple years ago and it seems like it was in the $2k range. I ended up trading that truck in for one with the big tank so I never did the swap, but like others have said there are members here who have done this swap and threads with that information. It might take a while to search for them but if you're serious about the swap it's worth taking the time to search.

tabber02

Reaction score
with your 4X4 it is not so easy to change the gears
last i heard the front is not available

lots on the forum have changed the tank
gears don’t worry me as much. realize it’s not the same as live axle gear swaps.… the tank does. i’ve seen some talk about guys swapping tanks but i hadn’t researched it too much. need to

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
gears don’t worry me as much. realize it’s not the same as live axle gear swaps.… the tank does. i’ve seen some talk about guys swapping tanks but i hadn’t researched it too much. need to

Users who are viewing this thread