5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the standard gas tank on the eTorque Hemi 23 gallons or 26?

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I could have sworn the ET was supposed to come with a 23 gallon. My window sticker doesn't say anything and the Mopar website for my VIN shows 26 gal but I could have sworn when I was close to E on fuel it only put 22 gal in? Also my dash reports 16.2 mpg avg and calculates just under 400 mi range, which would be 23 gal?
I can guarantee that if you were able to squeeze in 22 gallons, you definitely have a 26 gallon tank. On my 23 gallon tank, the most I've ever been able to put in was just over 19 gallons. That was with single digit DTE showing. There seems to be 3 to 4 gallons in the system when the gauge reads empty.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I can guarantee that if you were able to squeeze in 22 gallons, you definitely have a 26 gallon tank. On my 23 gallon tank, the most I've ever been able to put in was just over 19 gallons. That was with single digit DTE showing. There seems to be 3 to 4 gallons in the system when the gauge reads empty.
^^^ This ^^^

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2019 Longhorn, Etrq, Longbed, ORP, 3.92s: came with the 26g tank. I do not believe it was an extra cost option listed on the window sticker.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told that the 23 gallon tank was the only option with etorque as I ordered my 21 with with the 26 gallon tank, but it came with the 23 gallon. Not sure if this is true or not, but that’s what I ended up with. I had a 19 etorque with the 26 gallon tank. At first I thought no big deal and I guess it’s not. But it seems like I’m always getting gas with the 23 gallon tank. I know a lot of people like the 33. I guess my only issue with that is, the extra upfront cost of the 33 gallon tank and now if it’s full, your hauling around another 56 pounds! Only reason I could see having a 33 gallon tank is if you do long trips a lot or tow heavy loads often. But I’ve had both the 23 and a 26 and I can tell you for me the 26 was perfect. Good luck!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea, the 26 gallon tank is just right for me, can get up to 500 miles on a tank running on the highway.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was told that the 23 gallon tank was the only option with etorque as I ordered my 21 with with the 26 gallon tank, but it came with the 23 gallon. Not sure if this is true or not, but that’s what I ended up with. I had a 19 etorque with the 26 gallon tank. At first I thought no big deal and I guess it’s not. But it seems like I’m always getting gas with the 23 gallon tank. I know a lot of people like the 33. I guess my only issue with that is, the extra upfront cost of the 33 gallon tank and now if it’s full, your hauling around another 56 pounds! Only reason I could see having a 33 gallon tank is if you do long trips a lot or tow heavy loads often. But I’ve had both the 23 and a 26 and I can tell you for me the 26 was perfect. Good luck!

Its 56lb.. its a truck not a Prius lol it and handle the additional weight or you just don’t fill up completely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like other have said with all the constant changes to trims and options the only thing you can be certain is checking the window sticker or build sheets. I've had the 26 gal on both my trucks but that is because it is standard on trucks with the 6'4" bed.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i must depend on the model and option and maybe the restriction on built date.... for example i also have a 2022 laramie sport but i have the 26 gallons

edit: i have the short bed (5.7 feets)

Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Based on what I’ve seen and what I read in here it sounds like the 26gal is standard on any truck with a 6’4 bed & etorque like the quad cabs or crew long beds and optional on certain other trims/packages. My truck for example, crew cab long bed etorque bighorn lvl 2 came with 26 standard

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have tbe short bed and the 26gal and i didnt chose a option for 26gal, it came like that, but i did had the option for the 33gal, not the 23

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
i have tbe short bed and the 26gal and i didnt chose a option for 26gal, it came like that, but i did had the option for the 33gal, not the 23
Well I guess I’m wrong then 😂 ignore my comment lol

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
lol but it make sens, maybe you are still right, in my case, it might be my sport package or gt package that made my 26gal stock
Lol yeah I’m not sure! It could’ve been one of those options! Maybe the GT pack idk lol

Grimgreg

Reaction score
When I built mine a year ago, 26 wasn't an option. It would have had the 23 if I hadn't optioned the 33.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
When I built mine a year ago, 26 wasn't an option. It would have had the 23 if I hadn't optioned the 33.
I find that interesting, considering that the standard tank size for the Limited is 26 gallons (23 is not even available on a Limited). I've read that the internals are the same between 26 and 33 gallon tanks, so if the 26 gallon tank truely wasn't available for your Big Horn and was a parts allocation issue I wonder if it was the actual tank itself.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
one other good question, is why they decided to add a 23 gallons tank??? before it was only 26 or 33, why adding the 23, thats sound more expensive having more choise,

but i cant see the added value/or reason of having the 23gallons vs the 26, other then saving about 30 pounds (13 kilos)of gas when both are full

so was this added due to a shortage of the 26 gallons tank,...

Users who are viewing this thread