5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Limited Less Expensive Than the Laramie Longhorn?

Fatnipples

Reaction score
Limited is more expensive. The longhorn can be configured and your dealer will tell you it’s a longhorn limited. But the limited base model is far more than the longhorn. The longhorn has a really nice western interior if that’s what your going for. But the limited has everything imaginable.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Limited is more expensive. The longhorn can be configured and your dealer will tell you it’s a longhorn limited. But the limited base model is far more than the longhorn. The longhorn has a really nice western interior if that’s what your going for. But the limited has everything imaginable.
If you max out the features on both, the Longhorn has everything the Limited has...and costs more. Ask me how I know (or just look at my signature) ;)

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you max out the features on both, the Longhorn has everything the Limited has...and costs more. Ask me how I know (or just look at my signature) ;)
The reason the Longhorn costs more, of course, is because the Limited comes equipped with more standard features. Adding the "a la carte" features always costs more. But there's nothing on the Limited that can't be had on the Longhorn.

Shoot—you can load up a Laramie and spend almost as much as a 'basic' Limited. But you'd only do this if you REALLY wanted the look of a Laramie, as you'd still have a mid-range model with an interior that doesn't quite compete with the Limited or Longhorn. Resale would hurt.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The reason the Longhorn costs more, of course, is because the Limited comes equipped with more standard features. Adding the "a la carte" features always costs more. But there's nothing on the Limited that can't be had on the Longhorn.

Shoot—you can load up a Laramie and spend almost as much as a 'basic' Limited. But you'd only do this if you REALLY wanted the look of a Laramie, as you'd still have a mid-range model with an interior that doesn't quite compete with the Limited or Longhorn. Resale would hurt.
^^^ This ^^^

DavidNJ

Reaction score

You can't get the headlights on the Laramie. IMHO, the Laramie mono-chrome is nicer than the Limited with the chrome. And I don't like the power step and don't want to carry its weight around when payload is so marginal.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can't get the headlights on the Laramie. IMHO, the Laramie mono-chrome is nicer than the Limited with the chrome. And I don't like the power step and don't want to carry its weight around when payload is so marginal.
We were primarily discussing the Longhorn and Limited. That said, you’re right—there are a few things you can’t get on a Laramie (and below), e.g. the adaptive headlights, high-end leather interior, etc.

My point was that if you were to tick all the options on a Laramie, you’d be (nearly) spending Limited money on a “midrange” truck. That wouldn’t make sense for most buyers, unless (1) they were going for a specific look (as you’ve indicated) and (2) they can afford the resale hit or score a great discount at purchase.

rorischak

Reaction score
What do you mean by 'adaptive headlights'? Are you speaking about the ones that when you turn the wheel the headlights turn in that direction too? If so, I have a longhorn and I have those headlights in my 2020. I am pretty sure I have ever single option possible but considering I have the ORG I don't have the power spoiler in the front but other than that I can't think of anything the Limited has that mind doesn't. I could be wrong though....

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What do you mean by 'adaptive headlights'? Are you speaking about the ones that when you turn the wheel the headlights turn in that direction too? If so, I have a longhorn and I have those headlights in my 2020. I am pretty sure I have ever single option possible but considering I have the ORG I don't have the power spoiler in the front but other than that I can't think of anything the Limited has that mind doesn't. I could be wrong though....
That’s correct; I said the Laramie doesn’t have them. We have them on our Longhorns, of course.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

What you meant by power spoiler in front? Are you talking about adaptive power lip under front bumper? If so, my trim is Longhorn with ORG and i have them, only time you don't have it if you have air suspension.

Guppydriver

Reaction score
We were primarily discussing the Longhorn and Limited. That said, you’re right—there are a few things you can’t get on a Laramie (and below), e.g. the adaptive headlights, high-end leather interior, etc.

My point was that if you were to tick all the options on a Laramie, you’d be (nearly) spending Limited money on a “midrange” truck. That wouldn’t make sense for most buyers, unless (1) they were going for a specific look (as you’ve indicated) and (2) they can afford the resale hit or score a great discount at purchase.

A 3rd reason would be my predicament... Need to carry 6 people a few times a year when we head to the lake. Wish I could get a limited because I agree, bang for the buck, it contains more value per dollar than a loaded Laramie, but I can’t get a front bench in the two higher trims.

airgas1998

Reaction score
What you meant by power spoiler in front? Are you talking about adaptive power lip under front bumper? If so, my trim is Longhorn with ORG and i have them, only time you don't have it if you have air suspension.
my 19' limited has it..now earlier build ones didn't, and at some point this option/part came back. similiar to the seal between the cab and bed on some having them and others didn't. crazy fca stuff...

DavidNJ

Reaction score
IMHO the chrome detracts from the appearance of the Limited vs. the Laramie. However, it is absolutely true that all those options on a Laramie have very little value on resale. On the LImited, because they are standard, not a problem.

I would like a saddle interior color option on the Limited like the black and saddle on the Longhorn.

In the end, I have a compressor laying on its side in my SUV that wouldn't fit in a Limited's bed. Not to mention being protected from the weather. That may be my bigger issue.

RJS

Reaction score
My Laramie does have turning lights that activate when the lights are on and the steering wheel is turned, probably much like the Limited/Longhorn but it's not the articulated headlights. I gussied up my Laramie to about $61K as I like the interior looks better, didn't want air suspension nor the power boards. It's level 2 interior but I don't have the ventilated seats, just the heated and reclining ones but I don't ride back there.
I'll keep it long enough so any loss in resale is minor even though KBB does take into account top end accessories on the resale value of lower level trims.

Users who are viewing this thread