5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Laramie seats real leather?

TLOC

Reaction score
The nissan was is in a WAY lower class/price-point of vehicle. If that's your personal milestone, rock-steady but basic plain-Jane

I hear ya, it may have been tech wise but it rode great, 4x4 was excellent and interior materials were very good and looked and smelled new after 10 yrs! If I pay $61k for sometime, I SHOULDN'T have too sacrifice $H!T for anything period!!!

Stevenc150

Reaction score
I hear ya, it may have been tech wise but it rode great, 4x4 was excellent and interior materials were very good and looked and smelled new after 10 yrs! If I pay $61k for sometime, I SHOULDN'T have too sacrifice $H!T for anything period!!!
Attach38356_20191009_144702.gif

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Then you bought a rare one apparently!!! I've been a Nissan guy from back in the day of the original Z cars, had several between "77 '78 280Z specially, from then it was Maxiums, Pathfinders and I still have my '95 Hardbody Kingcab with 345,xxx miles, and still put 61 miles a day on (work commuter) incredible!!! My 2010 crew cab 4x4 Frontier had 51k miles on it and 10 yrs old when I traded it for Ram and never saw a dealer!!! Kickin myself in the *** everyday for letting it go...
Definitely not rare. Go to any car or truck forum and you'll find threads with people complaining about the problems they're having with their brand x vehicle. When buying, there is no way to know whether you'll have a problem. And you can have issues with any brand, even your beloved Nissan brand. I've owned three Ram trucks, and haven't had problems with any of those trucks. I've also owned several GM trucks, and had no problems with any of them except a 2006 Chevy 1500 that I bought used. Even those problems were taken care of under warranty. I might be singing a different tune right now if I had problems with Ram trucks. But it's not rare for a Ram truck to be problem-free.

Ilya23

Reaction score
Most likely because the leather has a clear coat finish on top of it...so the leather care products are not really going to get to the leather. This is why luke warm water with mild cleaner is all you should ever need.

I put an extra layer on top of mine (Carpro Leather) since I have the lighter colored interior.

I bought Laramie 2020 and decided to take care of leather since day 1 and purchased 303 Leather conditional. I wiped all leather from dust and applied conditioner on all leather. Next day when I looked on driver seat(I have air vent seats) leather where I have air vents dots had some wrinkles. I thought that is it. I ruined my seats. After reading some info I took towel with hot water and wiped my seat. Leather went back to normal and no wrinkles. I'm thinking now if I need to use leather conditional at all? I think it softened leather and it started to have wrinkles after that. Also, place where those air vents on the seat leather is very very thin. I might to try different product for leather but at this point I'm afraid to ruin those seats and very scared to use any product at all!! Anyone had success with using conditioner on air vent seats? which one you guys used?

KCViper

Reaction score
I bought Laramie 2020 and decided to take care of leather since day 1 and purchased 303 Leather conditional. I wiped all leather from dust and applied conditioner on all leather. Next day when I looked on driver seat(I have air vent seats) leather where I have air vents dots had some wrinkles. I thought that is it. I ruined my seats. After reading some info I took towel with hot water and wiped my seat. Leather went back to normal and no wrinkles. I'm thinking now if I need to use leather conditional at all? I think it softened leather and it started to have wrinkles after that. Also, place where those air vents on the seat leather is very very thin. I might to try different product for leather but at this point I'm afraid to ruin those seats and very scared to use any product at all!! Anyone had success with using conditioner on air vent seats? which one you guys used?
I use Zaino and Adams Leather cleaners and conditioners on my 911 and will do the same with the truck....never had any issues. If you have a horsehair brush, lightly spray the seat with cleaner and gently agitate and then wipe off with a microfiber towel. Follow up with leather conditioner of your choice....apply with a foam applicator to control the amount applied and don't go too heavy with the product. BTW, most leather seats are clear coated now days, so a leather conditioner may not do too much, but makes me feel better about applying it anyway......it's also got SPF in it which will help with longevity!

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All leather conditioners should do is smell nice...should only need anything other than mild cleaners and warm wet towels if it is a major stain.

Honcho

Reaction score
New leather seats, real leather seats do not need conditioning for approximately the 1st 3 years

There is a product called SwissVax leather glaze

This is basically a sealant A top of the line One if you have a really good detailing store in your city you can probably find these products this products to expand very expensive but they are worth it

You'd want to use this product on the Seat Bolsters If you have real leather

I have used their products for years on My leather in my grand Cherokees And now in my 2022 power wagon

Users who are viewing this thread