5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Ram production suspended?

phenegar

Reaction score
I ordered 5'7" with eTorque, with Pano, with BUG, (without Offroad Package). I ordered on Feb 25th. It was finished being built today. Never heard before that you had to get one bed size to get the eTorque. Try another dealer, and then go back to the dealer you wanted.
Congradulations on the new truck.

My post was that if you get the 5'7" bed you HAVE to get E Torque. I didn't want E Torque but wanted the 5'7" bed.

Turin

Reaction score
Funny you say that. I was going to ask members approximately how long from "I" or (post D1 assembly) to KZ? Is it days, or a week plus? I just figured many people only got status for D1 and KZ and not in between. How was your flow from post assembly to KZ? Where is yours being shipped to?
I don't know; it happened to quickly. I was in D on 2/26, D1 on 3/3, still D1 on 3/7, and KZ today (3/11). Inspections should be quick as long as no issues are found. I don't think anything in my build required getting sent off site so I probably skipped JB. Mine is shipping to Iowa.

Turin

Reaction score
My post was that if you get the 5'7" bed you HAVE to get E Torque. I didn't want E Torque but wanted the 5'7" bed.
My order (below) was for short bed, V8, non-eTorque. Tell them to enter it as a sold order.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How would there be any correlation to eTorque and 5/7" bed? It's not like the length of the bed has any factor on eTorque. That's like saying eTorque cannot be ordered with black trucks. lol

DM-SC

Reaction score
How would there be any correlation to eTorque and 5/7" bed? It's not like the length of the bed has any factor on eTorque. That's like saying eTorque cannot be ordered with black trucks. lol
Yeah, makes no sense.

Grasping for a straw...maybe they have calculated the percentage of trucks they can build in each configuration to meet CAFE standards???

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

phenegar

Reaction score
Yeah, makes no sense.

Grasping for a straw...maybe they have calculated the percentage of trucks they can build in each configuration to meet CAFE standards???

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That's what I was thinking.

BmoreStew

Reaction score
I’ve placed 2 orders within the last 5 weeks (2/11 and 3/1) with some of these “no longer available” option combinations and I strongly suspect it’s because the order was placed as “Sold” rather than being ordered into dealer inventory.

acat

Reaction score
Just checked my re-order non-etorgue truck, in D now... hope everything goes well

phenegar

Reaction score
Ordered truck yesterday short bed non e torque. Was placed as sold order. Guess that was the issue

NordicNevs

Reaction score
Frame question posed earlier??

So what’s the deal if you have a pre July truck? We have to sacrifice safety or what???

Also my guess for this stop loss on trucks and only short bed E torque would be to do anything and everything to get to their advertised fuel economy.... seems they and ford are lacking substantially

Just speculation of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Frame question posed earlier??

So what’s the deal if you have a pre July truck? We have to sacrifice safety or what???

Also my guess for this stop loss on trucks and only short bed E torque would be to do anything and everything to get to their advertised fuel economy.... seems they and ford are lacking substantially

Just speculation of course.

This is my question...about the safety that is. My truck was made in May and I’m concerned that it is not offering the safety I was expecting for my two small children and soon to be third. I kind of would like them to retrofit any safety fixes or swap for a safe truck. This was posted on IIHS so I suppose it’s a big deal.

NordicNevs

Reaction score
This is my question...about the safety that is. My truck was made in May and I’m concerned that it is not offering the safety I was expecting for my two small children and soon to be third. I kind of would like them to retrofit any safety fixes or swap for a safe truck. This was posted on IIHS so I suppose it’s a big deal.

Might be looking for a buy back? Can’t deny what they publicly posted and thus changed design features for.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
Might be looking for a buy back? Can’t deny what they publicly posted and thus changed design features for.

Not necessarily. I like my truck a lot but was unaware that trucks built before July have a design flaw. I bought mine in December. It had been sitting around a while and would have bought one produced after July if I had been aware.

PTRAM

Reaction score
Not necessarily. I like my truck a lot but was unaware that trucks built before July have a design flaw. I bought mine in December. It had been sitting around a while and would have bought one produced after July if I had been aware.

I was very lax on checking the date of my Ram built date until I had signed on the dotted line. Mine was built in May and I purchased it on Dec. 11, but it is a Quad Cab and the IIHS says their safety report is only for the Crew Cab. I did find one IIHS report on my Quad Cab but it only gave the side impact rating.

fotomatt1

Reaction score
I was very lax on checking the date of my Ram built date until I had signed on the dotted line. Mine was built in May and I purchased it on Dec. 11, but it is a Quad Cab and the IIHS says their safety report is only for the Crew Cab. I did find one IIHS report on my Quad Cab but it only gave the side impact rating.

Same with me. I'm actually on the phone with FCA now. They won't talk about it unless a dealer diagnoses it, but the dealers actually don't even know what to look at so they don't want to make an appointment for this. They said if it's a production change or issue there's nothing they can do. So we're going around in circles.

Users who are viewing this thread