5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Ram production suspended?

phenegar

Reaction score
Went to small local Ram dealer on Saturday March 9, 2019 to talk to them about ordering a new Larimer and was told Ram has suspended production and it could take up to 6 months to get a truck. Anyone know anything about this?

Turin

Reaction score
I certainly hope not — I have an order in now!

I can't imagine that FCA would suspend production for anything other than a labor strike, unavailability of a critical part, or some event causing major damage to the factory. It sounds to me like your local dealer was trying to convince you to buy something off the lot. I'd find another dealership, stat.

Pitcom

Reaction score
Went to small local Ram dealer on Saturday March 9, 2019 to talk to them about ordering a new Larimer and was told Ram has suspended production and it could take up to 6 months to get a truck. Anyone know anything about this?

This is an article only about Rebels with etorques being suspended and confirmed by FCA

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-11-08-40-55.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-11-08-40-55.png
    323.9 KB · Views: 163

Trfnj74

Reaction score
I agree with Turin... They probably want you to purchase their stock (older invertory). I've seen some older build dates at some of the dealerships.

phenegar

Reaction score
I agree with Turin... They probably want you to purchase their stock (older invertory). I've seen some older build dates at some of the dealerships.
This was a very small Dealership and didn't have that many trucks in stock. They were willing to DX a truck from another dealer. I wonder if a Dealership that doesn't sell that many trucks isn't given the ability to put in an order all the time.

phenegar

Reaction score
I think I read on this forum that Ram 1500 build before July 2018 had a problem with the frame. Would love to see proof if this is true.

phenegar

Reaction score
I think I read on this forum that Ram 1500 build before July 2018 had a problem with the frame. Would love to see proof if this is true.
I was also told by 2 Dealerships that you can no longer order the 5'7" bed turck without getting the E Torque option.

Trfnj74

Reaction score
I was also told by 2 Dealerships that you can no longer order the 5'7" bed turck without getting the E Torque option.

That I'm not sure about but I know from my order, I couldn't get the eTorque with the ORG with the short bed. It had to be the long bed.

fotomatt1

Reaction score

My truck was built before July. Was built in May to be exact. What kind of problem with the frame?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turin

Reaction score
This was a very small Dealership and didn't have that many trucks in stock. They were willing to DX a truck from another dealer. I wonder if a Dealership that doesn't sell that many trucks isn't given the ability to put in an order all the time.
They might be looking for a quick sale vs. something a couple months out. It would be weird if they weren't allowed to enter a sold order.
It's possible that they can't order that combination for dealer inventory because they've already hit their allocation limit. If that's the case, you should be able to order it if they enter it as a sold order instead of a dealer order. You'd think that anyone handling ordering would know to do that but apparently not everyone does.

There's another thread on the forums about not being able to combine the V8 eTorque with either the off-road group or the panoramic sunroof. Based on the replies, it isn't clear if it's a problem with dealerships not entering it as a sold order or if FCA really isn't allowing the combination anymore. There's been speculation that it's a weight issue, but if that's the case I don't know why the 6'4" bed would make a difference. It could also be based on parts availability.

phenegar

Reaction score
optional on the 5.7 motor standard on the v6
2 Dealers have told me if you get the 5'7" bed you HAVE to get E Torque. Problem is I don't want the E Torque.

They said if you get the 6'4" bed you can get either V8 option

phenegar

Reaction score
My truck was built before July. Was built in May to be exact. What kind of problem with the frame?

I may be wrong about this. I was hoping someone would confirm or dispel this. From what I remember, they had problems in the crash tests and had to change the frame design.

cruz-in

Reaction score

Quoting from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety 2019 RAM Crash Test::

"The Ram 1500 Crew Cab was redesigned for the 2019 model year. Beginning with 2019 models built after July 2018, the cab mounts to the vehicle frame at the C-pillars were strengthened to improve occupant protection in small overlap frontal crashes. (Information about when a specific vehicle was manufactured is on the certification label typically affixed to the car on the driver door or adjacent B-pillar.) "

Link to 2019 RAM IIHS Crash Test

Last edited:

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still building! I was at D1 on Thursday and at "I" today. Just Ram Chatted.

"What the system shows is that your 2019 Limited is that
· Your vehicle has completed the build process and is pending quality inspections to ensure that standards are met prior to releasing the vehicle.
· At FCA, you can be assured that we take vehicle quality seriously. You are at Code "I"

acat

Reaction score
2 Dealers have told me if you get the 5'7" bed you HAVE to get E Torque. Problem is I don't want the E Torque.

Ask them to switch to sale order, also I believe if you do etorque, you can not get the sunroof.. I’ve changed my order to non etorque

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered 5'7" with eTorque, with Pano, with BUG, (without Offroad Package). I ordered on Feb 25th. It was finished being built today. Never heard before that you had to get one bed size to get the eTorque. Try another dealer, and then go back to the dealer you wanted.

Turin

Reaction score
Still building! I was at D1 on Thursday and at "I" today. Just Ram Chatted.
Fingers crossed for you that your truck sails through inspection. I ordered the same day (2/25) and just got confirmation from Ram Chat that I'm in KZ now.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for you that your truck sails through inspection. I ordered the same day (2/25) and just got confirmation from Ram Chat that I'm in KZ now.

Funny you say that. I was going to ask members approximately how long from "I" or (post D1 assembly) to KZ? Is it days, or a week plus? I just figured many people only got status for D1 and KZ and not inbetween. How was your flow from post assembly to KZ? Where is yours being shipped to?

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score

and dealers are never wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/