5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is front lower control arm ball joint replaceable.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
35k miles. This is my thought as well but I do get some clunking in the front when on rougher back roads. I'm going to take it to the dealer this week before my warranty run out just to see what their thoughts are. .
I would lean more towards the junk factory front sway bar end links causing your clunk.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would lean more towards the junk factory front sway bar end links causing your clunk.
I will check those as well 👍. Been pretty cold here lately so haven't had a chance to crawl under the truck. I will give the dealership a chance to make it right first.

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally had some descent weather today so I decided to investigate my clunking and I think I found the culprit. I believe it's the lower ball joints. I attached a link to the video I took, let me know your thoughts, appears to be a little play in them and you can clearly hear the clunking.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally had some descent weather today so I decided to investigate my clunking and I think I found the culprit. I believe it's the lower ball joints. I attached a link to the video I took, let me know your thoughts, appears to be a little play in them and you can clearly hear the clunking.

Yep. Lowers need replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread