5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is etorque a true hybrid or is the state just taking advantage

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry, I was referring to the Hemi. And yes, Ram killed that off.

I've owned 7 NON eTorque Hemi's through the years and have never once wished it had the MGU, an extra battery pack or start/stop (which I disabled on my F150).

How does that not make sense? Many hear have said it does NOT improve MPG...
Lol, you clarified what didn't make sense so not sure why you asked why it didn't make sense after clarifying it.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Don't understand how an eTorque works? My post should have been clear enough...
I know more on how eTorque works more than almost anymore on here. Your post said they killed off the eTorque you were glad they did. How is that not confusing when you said that you're actually talking about the Hemi? I'm not going to sit here and argue with you.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know more on how eTorque works more than almost anymore on here. Your post said they killed off the eTorque you were glad they did. How is that not confusing when you said that you're actually talking about the Hemi? I'm not going to sit here and argue with you.

Congrats. Doesn't make it any better of a system. And my bad, didn't do my research, didn't realize it was in the pentastar. This thread is about a hemi truck, right?

Who knew Ram would keep this abomination going... but I guess people are buying it...

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The OP obviously has a hemi but going by the thread title it could cover either engine since both are etorque/mild hybrids.

asgadf/lkjnadsfg

Reaction score
Tennesse has a new law that adds an additional $100 for hybrid owners and $200 for ev owners when they renew license plates. This is to recoup lost gasoline tax revenue because less gasoline is purchased to operate these vehicles. My 21 Ram 1500 etorque has been classified as a hybrid and i must pay the additional $100. i average in the low 15 mpg range over a 5000 mile oil change so i dont see a gas milage advantage. So... no hybrid electric motor on this thing just a big ole thirsty V8. Is the etorque really a hybrid or is the state screwing over Tennessee Ram Etorque owners.
The only thing that matters is how the State defines "hybrid". The bill has already passed, and nobody is going back to change it.

You got the worst of both worlds, the higher registration fee for the hybrid, and the low fuel efficiency of a regular gas burning truck. Welcome to the club.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Yeah, sue the state, right....
Didn’t say they had a good chance to win.
Have you seen what lawyers sue for now a days? LOL…
Frivalous lawsuits at every turn. Didn’t say it had a snowball’s chance in hell..

This thread made a wrong turn at Albuquerque… that’s for sure.
It‘s pretty clear some here don’t know how eTorque works, also for sure.

U

User_3336

Didn’t say they had a good chance to win.
Have you seen what lawyers sue for now a days? LOL…
Frivalous lawsuits at every turn. Didn’t say it had a snowball’s chance in hell..

This thread made a wrong turn at Albuquerque… that’s for sure.
It‘s pretty clear some here don’t know how eTorque works, also for sure.
Yeah, lawyers gonna sue the state and the Governor over $200.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Or find one that will do a class action for all the Ram owners. Happens all the time. Just depends if someone thinks the $100 per year is worth their time.

irishwake63

Reaction score
Why not there are class action lawsuits all the time for cable companies, phone companies for charging a 35 cent tax in your monthly bill that was unjust, I would figure 200 bucks a year to be a cash cow for a lawyer

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why not there are class action lawsuits all the time for cable companies, phone companies for charging a 35 cent tax in your monthly bill that was unjust, I would figure 200 bucks a year to be a cash cow for a lawyer

Those kinds of class action suits normally involve millions of customers who have paid these small fees for many years which results in a huge total dollar amounts. Each customer gets a few dollars and the attorneys get a few million.

On the other hand, according to a story by Mopar Insider FCA sells around 105,000 total eTorque vehicles per year across the nation. If evenly distributed that's about 2100 vehicles per state. Even if the actual number in Tennessee is 10 times that volume it's still a very small dollar amount left for the lawyers after paying their clients.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Those kinds of class action suits normally involve millions of customers who have paid these small fees for many years which results in a huge total dollar amounts. Each customer gets a few dollars and the attorneys get a few million.

On the other hand, according to a story by Mopar Insider FCA sells around 105,000 total eTorque vehicles per year across the nation. If evenly distributed that's about 2100 vehicles per state. Even if the actual number in Tennessee is 10 times that volume it's still a very small dollar amount left for the lawyers after paying their clients.
You do realize that every Ram 1500 since 2023 can ONLY come with eTorque right?
Also since 2019 all v6 also only come as eTorque
Also a handful of other cars that use eTorque.

Your 105,000 a year in sales is way off, ive no idea how you keep making up information\numbers.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your 105,000 a year in sales is way off, ive no idea how you keep making up information\numbers.

I'm not making up anything. Go find a 3rd grader to do an internet search for you.

Users who are viewing this thread