5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Android Auto really that wonky?

Dons2019

Reaction score
I have an iphone - I purchased the truck and plugged in the iphone for the drive home and carplay just popped on the screen... No configuration, no app to download.

So last weekend a buddy and I had to take a three + hour run and I told him to plug in his Android so we could see the difference - we had three hours, so why not?

Plugs it in, nothing. Realizes he needs to download the app, nothing. Sits and works through all the configuration screens, nothing. Google and Youtube videos, we never did get it to work...

Android is not new for this guy and he writes software for a living and never did get the damn thing to respond. He needed a new phone anyway, so it just gave him the impetus to order a new one, but it absolutely blows my mind that this is such a configuration nightmare for Android Auto.
I personally don't like it, only thing I do use it for is to Link Waze to my directions and posts the turns like Google maps does. However if phone turns off, waze freezes... Poor design in my mind...

GRAYWOLF

Reaction score
One annoying bug...if you use night mode...AA turns it off when you plug the cable in. I hope they fix it soon.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alow

Reaction score
Anyone had issues with it not syncing for phone calls? For mine, I play audio just fine from my phone but when I get a call it is only on the phone itself. Im using AA via the USB-c

Users who are viewing this thread