5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is an exhaust pipe leak covered by powertrain warranty?

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
Weird they didn't cover it under warranty. Had the same thing happen to my 2019 Laramie and it was covered. IIRC, around 40k on the clock when it happened.

Sounded cool as hell though. Shook the neighbor's windows when I would remote start it in the morning lol

IMG_2812.jpg

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Weird they didn't cover it under warranty. Had the same thing happen to my 2019 Laramie and it was covered. IIRC, around 40k on the clock when it happened.

Sounded cool as hell though. Shook the neighbor's windows when I would remote start it in the morning lol

View attachment 145982
Dang glad you got yours covered

gofishn

Reaction score
Aw I kinda like it. Lol. I’m gonna let a shop do the work instead of getting the bolt on. What other muffler do you like?
I went with a Magnaflow 12388 Muffler, on my 2014 and loved it.
Nice Rumble to it , no drone and got attention when redlined.

I did a ton of youtube lisening to videos before i decided. Did not like the flowmaster sound, at all.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I went with a Magnaflow 12388 Muffler, on my 2014 and loved it.
Nice Rumble to it , no drone and got attention when redlined.

I did a ton of youtube lisening to videos before i decided. Did not like the flowmaster sound, at all.
I got ya. I like this one since its not baffled. so far so good

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks like the muffler being installed vertically is causing the rear y pipe to be crooked. They will be twisting the muffler at an angle so my tips will be straight. Also the y pipe is against the bump stop.

Last edited:

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 145982
Just developed a leak in the same spot as you. Did your dealership tell you it was covered under the powertrain warranty? I have not called the dealer yet but I am dreading the call lol.
PXL_20230301_221518516.jpg

Last edited:

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just developed a leak in the same spot as you. Did your dealership tell you it was covered under the powertrain warranty? I have not called the dealer yet but I am dreading the call lol.
View attachment 153450
They said not covered. So I bought a flowfx muffler off Amazon and has a shop put it on for like $100. No leak and sounds even better now!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They said not covered. So I bought a flowfx muffler off Amazon and has a shop put it on for like $100. No leak and sounds even better now!
I had a flowmaster on my 4th gen and the wife hated it lol. It was a bit obnoxious while towing the boat.
I know you said your dealership did not cover the leak under warranty but it looks like @MarPar had is covered under warranty so I will give it a try. Worst they can say is no 🤷. I will report back.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Worth a shot! I had some flowmaster 40s on my old corvette and they were loud. This flowfx is pretty tame unless u get on it. Can’t really hear it while cruising, but I don’t tow. It’s not a chambered muffler like the other ones.

Give it a shot with the dealer I wish u luck!

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Worth a shot! I had some flowmaster 40s on my old corvette and they were loud. This flowfx is pretty tame unless u get on it. Can’t really hear it while cruising, but I don’t tow. It’s not a chambered muffler like the other ones.

Give it a shot with the dealer I wish u luck!
I actually saw in another post that someone had a section of pipe welded to replace the flange. Thinking I might go this route instead. I hate going to dealerships lol.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
View attachment 153450
I tell ya the truth, I don't remember specifically what they covered it under. I drove into the service area, rapped the throttle a few times and the service advisor came over and said "I take it you're in for some exhaust work." LOL

Users who are viewing this thread